Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

On 12/31/2019 at 8:03 PM, Croppygenius said:

She should play Friday night against Gleason. Will help us in the backcourt. She can run

If it’s the point guard from Clarksburg she can fly !!! Will definitely make them a contender imo. I saw her play earlier this season, just wondering how she will be eligible before school starts. I’m dumb on the rules, maybe someone can enlighten me lol

11 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

If it’s the point guard from Clarksburg she can fly !!! Will definitely make them a contender imo. I saw her play earlier this season, just wondering how she will be eligible before school starts. I’m dumb on the rules, maybe someone can enlighten me lol

You are thinking about Ashland Yarbrough. It is not her. She played for Clarksburg last year if it is who I am thinking about. She is as fast as Ashland though. She didn’t play HS ball last winter. She played Nov. and Dec. and that is why she is elgible in Jan. I think. She will give Fuller some immediate help and may play PG and move Fuller to 2.

3 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Better get ducks in a row TSSAS has a fine tooth comb & other teams just dying to challenge 

I don’t think she hit the court after Christmas last year. That is what makes her elgible in Jan.  If I am not mistaken. Keep in mind Huntingdon has a good starting 5 so she may not start. We will see Fri. night. I am going over there to check out them and Gleason.

34 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You are thinking about Ashland Yarbrough. It is not her. She played for Clarksburg last year if it is who I am thinking about. She is as fast as Ashland though. She didn’t play HS ball last winter. She played Nov. and Dec. and that is why she is elgible in Jan. I think. She will give Fuller some immediate help and may play PG and move Fuller to 2.

I’m not thinking of Yarborough, I’m thinking it’s the smaller quicker guard. If so, I’ve seen her play this season for Clarksburg, actually just a few weeks ago. That’s why I was wondering about the rules. 

23 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t think she hit the court after Christmas last year. That is what makes her elgible in Jan.  If I am not mistaken. Keep in mind Huntingdon has a good starting 5 so she may not start. We will see Fri. night. I am going over there to check out them and Gleason.

I might try to go to this game too if Gleason is healthy. Any idea if they have their players back ?

18 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

I’m not thinking of Yarborough, I’m thinking it’s the smaller quicker guard. If so, I’ve seen her play this season for Clarksburg, actually just a few weeks ago. That’s why I was wondering about the rules. 

One I am talking about didn’t play against us. We played them in Hall of Fame and they played in our Thanksgiving Tournament and I asked the coach about her. He said she wasn’t playing and left Clarksburg but didn’t go into detail. I thought she may have quit until Huntingdon said they had a transfer from Clarksburg that played last year. I don’t know if Gleason will have there players back or not. We have some weird nights and are not playing Friday and Tuesday so I am going to go watch them play Huntingdon Friday and Greenfield Tuesday.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

Heard from a friend today that Gleason will be without their coach the next 2 games. Said he got 2 technicals at a Holiday Tournament in Nashville.That will be a big disadvantage for them tonight . He said Atkins was supposed to play her first game tonight and Anderson next week. Happy for those 2 players. Also think GC will give TCA all they want Saturday night. Solid players on both teams 

Edited by hoopfever

I'm watching Clay Co 8-5 vs Cloudland ranked #4. Clay is playing terrible and is only down by 1. Cloudland would be#4 or #5 in 6A if today is any indication of how good they are. They'd be behind Clarkrange 13-2, Pickett Co 13-1 and Red Boiling Springs and maybe Clay. Clay hit a three pointer with 1.6 seconds to go which would have given them a 53-52 lead but their coach called a time out so the basket didn't count. They then missed another and lost by a point. Cloudland isn't a top 10 team from what I saw today. Clarkrange would beat them by a LOT.

Edited by bobcatfan300