Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

10 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Heard that Macy Neal went down with what looked like a knee injury? Any updates on her? Prayers 

We are praying hard!! She went down in the third quarter. She was on crutches after the game and is walking on it today. Hopefully each day she progresses. She has a doctors appt. scheduled for Monday. Prayers that she won’t have to go to the doctor on Monday and is being healed as we speak!! Thanks for your concern!!

Edited by pioneer42

8 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange is about to enter the conversation as to who is the best team in Class A. 

They never left the conversation. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they won it all. Greenfield is favored but any body can get beat on a given day. Loretto plays them well IMO because they play that match-up zone and keep them from getting to the rim and they are tall and long and defend the three well too. They rebound well and have a PG who can handle their pressure well. You know as well as I do it is all about the draw and not having to play three horses in a row. Clarkrange is a really good team. They have my respect. Greenfield is likely to be undefeated up there and that will add pressure, but they are very good and probably one of the better teams we have seen around here in West TN in a while.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clarkrange is about to enter the conversation as to who is the best team in Class A. 

Clark Range is in the conversation every year. We drew them first game last year and probably will Draw them again. We drew Picketts best team ever the year before in the first game. So we will probably draw Loretto or Clark Range this year. You got to beat everybody to win the Gold Ball.

UCsports Tell me how ClarkRange is better this year? 

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Clark Range is in the conversation every year. We drew them first game last year and probably will Draw them again. We drew Picketts best team ever the year before in the first game. So we will probably draw Loretto or Clark Range this year. You got to beat everybody to win the Gold Ball.

UCsports Tell me how ClarkRange is better this year? 

The twins have matured and they have a better supporting cast. They barely lost at home to the best AA team in the state in Macon County and then lost to them again in Lafayette. Outside of that they haven’t been challenged much. The Stone team they just beat  is a very good AAA team, they are no joke and should definitely make it to the substate and/or state tournament this year.  As we both know the glass house is a tough place to play, especially the first game. A lot of times it’s about the draw as well.  I remember the last year Jackson County won it they got to play on Wednesday and the rest of the teams had to play Thursday. Getting that extra days rest meant a lot!  Greenfield is still the favorite with Loretta and Clarkrange a close second at this point. What will be a shame is if all three of these teams end up in the same bracket that would be a travesty but as you and I both know it can and does happen.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:40 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Have better chance getting a Baptist to say hi at the liquor store than beat- in Clarkrange in that crackerbox. Different world outside those 4 walls. Macon finally done it this year. Neutral court big gym ,think Loretto and Greenfield are better. Imo.