Top 10 in 1A for 2019

mrbigster

1 hour ago, TN225 said:

Ouch I still think Whitwell is at least a top 10 team. Still quarterfinals against Pitt for the 3rd straight year 

Whitwell probably is a top 10. However, Lake County, Huntingdon, Greenback, and South Pitt are the only teams with a shot at Cookeville in 2019. I see major separation between these 4 and everyone else. 

After these 4 my next 6 teams would be.

Cornersville 

Freedom Prep

Coalfield

Whitwell

Gordonsville

Oliver Springs

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

The T in RTD stands for troll, right?

Not at all just don't see the talent from watching Gordonsville last season. With losing a great RB when you'll play TC I didn't see anything in the OL for Gordonsville to be successful this upcoming season. I think Gordonsville is 2-3 years away from having a good team that can compete for a championship in 1A.

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell probably is a top 10. However, Lake County, Huntingdon, Greenback, and South Pitt are the only teams with a shot at Cookeville in 2019. I see major separation between these 4 and everyone else. 

After these 4 my next 6 teams would be.

Cornersville 

Freedom Prep

Coalfield

Whitwell

Gordonsville

Oliver Springs

Bass I’m not disagreeing with you, Whitwell has the line but 1-2 athletes short. 

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Last 2 years Lake Co has destroyed Freedom Prep in the playoffs. What do you think will be the difference this year??

Freedom Prep got beat Pretty handily in the playoffs last year but closed the gap somewhat by scoring 33 points. Freedom Prep will likely pick up a few key transfers due to the fact there are little to no restrictions in Memphis for charter schools. And kids will want to play on a team that has a QB like Tevin Carter. 1A football in Tennessee has not had a QB that has offers from multiple SEC schools ever, as far as I know. And Christopher Morris might be one of the best lineman prospects in the state as well. They are building a program that is only a few years old in a town that is loaded with talent I wont be surprised at all if they are one of the best teams in the state soon. Then we will all be raising heck about moving charter schools to D2 .

11 hours ago, RTD said:

Not at all just don't see the talent from watching Gordonsville last season. With losing a great RB when you'll play TC I didn't see anything in the OL for Gordonsville to be successful this upcoming season. I think Gordonsville is 2-3 years away from having a good team that can compete for a championship in 1A.

All our line returns. We played several games without our RB. We didn't have him against SP, and we had the lead at half, and SP ended up taking Whitwell to OT. You can't use all the "ifs" and "buts", but I think we'll be fine. I think we're a legit top 10 team, and we'll see how the rest plays out.

3 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

All our line returns. We played several games without our RB. We didn't have him against SP, and we had the lead at half, and SP ended up taking Whitwell to OT. You can't use all the "ifs" and "buts", but I think we'll be fine. I think we're a legit top 10 team, and we'll see how the rest plays out.

It will be good to have Gordy come down to South Pittsburg. 

On 3/11/2019 at 9:46 PM, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback and South Pittsburg in the east. Lake County and Huntingdon in the west. These should be your semifinal teams. 

After these four teams... I will need to do some more studying because there is quite a large gap. 

Agree these should be the last 4 playing ball

2 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Freedom Prep got beat Pretty handily in the playoffs last year but closed the gap somewhat by scoring 33 points. Freedom Prep will likely pick up a few key transfers due to the fact there are little to no restrictions in Memphis for charter schools. And kids will want to play on a team that has a QB like Tevin Carter. 1A football in Tennessee has not had a QB that has offers from multiple SEC schools ever, as far as I know. And Christopher Morris might be one of the best lineman prospects in the state as well. They are building a program that is only a few years old in a town that is loaded with talent I wont be surprised at all if they are one of the best teams in the state soon. Then we will all be raising heck about moving charter schools to D2 .

Freedom Prep put up a lot of those points in garbage time. I have seen LC and FP live the last two years. There is a big gap to close.