Top 10 in 1A for 2019

mrbigster

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell had great athletes in 2018 and it was enough to get it done. What they did took all of the stars aligning and they did it. However, anything close to 2018 for Whitwell will probably not be replicated again in our lifetimes. I’m curious to see just how good that line looks this season without those great athletes behind it. Time will tell I guess. 

LMBO

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You will EASILY be in the top 4. Greenback has their entire line returning and a D1 receiver and lineman. Also, Greenback now comes up with key pieces they lost. I’ve seen it last year and already again this season. They just lost the best senior class in the history of the school, but it won’t surprise me at all if they are just as good as last season.  Wait and see...

Also VERY good coaching to go with it!

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Also VERY good coaching to go with it!

Well yes, that too. I figured that was a given. It is outstanding.. What you have done recently is amazing. Usually at the 1A level if you lose a large, talented senior class you take a massive dip the next season. Examples from include SP in 95 to 96, 99-2000, 2003-2004, 2013-2014. They had a good run from 2007-2013, however they never had HUGE senior classes. You lost that senior class in 2016 with D1 players and won it all the next season. You lost another massive class  this season and we can already tell you might end up being better. How the heck is that happening? Maybe you guys have the magic mojo right now. I just know at SP when we lose classes that large, we can’t replicate it the next year.  I’m hoping for one down season at some point so the Pirates could get another crack at Cookeville. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:20 AM, GHSblackhelmet said:

Freedom Prep got beat Pretty handily in the playoffs last year but closed the gap somewhat by scoring 33 points. Freedom Prep will likely pick up a few key transfers due to the fact there are little to no restrictions in Memphis for charter schools. And kids will want to play on a team that has a QB like Tevin Carter. 1A football in Tennessee has not had a QB that has offers from multiple SEC schools ever, as far as I know. And Christopher Morris might be one of the best lineman prospects in the state as well. They are building a program that is only a few years old in a town that is loaded with talent I wont be surprised at all if they are one of the best teams in the state soon. Then we will all be raising heck about moving charter schools to D2 .

IF they allow transfers to charter schools at will like Freedom Prep,then they should have to be the same as privates and adhere to the multiplier rule.May should have already have done it.Lake Co did lose its stud running back,maybe 1 lineman but look for them to do more things offensively with tight end back,receivers back,and also get a defensive stud back after having to sit out last year.Defense should be very good.

Edited by mrbigster