Top 10 in 1A for 2019

mrbigster

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We had an attorney from Roane County send a letter into Mr Childress last year also.They checked everything out and sent him a letter back that got straight to the point.LOL.I understand tho alot of teams last year got caught and got some stiff penalties.IF YOU SAY THEY HAVE MOVED ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THEY DID!They are really looking into this mess now.One thing is for sure our folks wont let you come around until you have moved!Somebody WILL turn you in!

To quote that Childress man, “ I’m not 99% sure he can play, I’m 100% sure he can!” Apparently that still wasn’t good enough for some! SP still caught crap for playing ineligible players. Like I said, it was just a crazy year. 

There’s always someone watching and waiting to turn a team in for such activities but like you said, It’s the schools and coaches responsibility to make sure it was a legitimate move! I can tell you, our coach and principal made sure it was legitimate! 

18 minutes ago, WarChant said:

If your not good to begin with then I doubt you will be getting transfers. So obviously greenback has been doing something right for years. Great community, great coaches and hard working kids. So I’ll take winning however it may come. Transfers are just a bonus!! 

Agreed, line up and let them play! No game regardless of transfers is guaranteed a win! 

1 hour ago, WarChant said:

If your not good to begin with then I doubt you will be getting transfers. So obviously greenback has been doing something right for years. Great community, great coaches and hard working kids. So I’ll take winning however it may come. Transfers are just a bonus!! 

Saw Hampton go to the semi.s 4 years straight, they had good coaches and a good school. They never got all these transfers. Think kids are more loyal to their own schools in this area.  Location may have a bearing.

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Would Greenback even be in the same position without these transfers (recruits)!

Of course we would!We are always a top 7 program.Last year if our homegrown kid Gilbert stays we RUN AWAY with the title!Only kid that played all year was Bailey and he moved from Alabama as a Freshman and WAS DEVELOPED into a starter,i dont count him as a transfer he came in as a baby.McCord from Alcoa was a body didnt change us or really help us last year.Alot of these posts are irrelevant.1987 Greenback Cherokees 15-0 in the hardest time to win a gold ball.All homeboys!Since 1985 we have been relevant.

And our off season workouts are second to none in 1A/2A our kids are strong and fast because they are dedicated to winning.So we do a GREAT job at developing kids.My son came into high school as a 5'7 160 pound Freshman and left 5'11 265 pound all state football player and had the opportunity to play at Carson Newman.Last year the Plemons kid same story.Hanley 5 foot nothing and hundred and nothing ---MR FOOTBALL!Yes we developed these kids.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Not really a relevant question imo, parents that have kids that are ballers will move to make their kids successful!!! Greenback even when they do t bring home gold always have top notch coaching and program in general. All zones in TN are in some way a open zone as well ! I think we should all strive to have the reputation for development and class that Greenback has honestly !! People wonder why these tiny town schools are beast programs? The answer is simple they attract families to the communities with multiple things, athletics being the dominate but no only factor !!! I know Trenton is 2 A obviously but we have grown our program with great coaching facilities and a overall amazing  school system that has no end to the support of all athletics and academics !!!!!

Thank you for the great post!Winning is an attitude just as losing is,we like most of you all just dont accept the latter!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Not really a relevant question imo, parents that have kids that are ballers will move to make their kids successful!!! Greenback even when they do t bring home gold always have top notch coaching and program in general. All zones in TN are in some way a open zone as well ! I think we should all strive to have the reputation for development and class that Greenback has honestly !! People wonder why these tiny town schools are beast programs? The answer is simple they attract families to the communities with multiple things, athletics being the dominate but no only factor !!! I know Trenton is 2 A obviously but we have grown our program with great coaching facilities and a overall amazing  school system that has no end to the support of all athletics and academics !!!!!

Relevant in my opinion, we've got a few over the years but nothing like you all have.   Like Pujo said in other words

it is a little sweeter if you can win without them.  Its the programs that are good every year that gets these transfers it seems like for the most part.

2 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Haters Gonna Hate. 

Image result for vintage kid with a cigar

Celebrate Fellas, It's almost football season!

Don't worry bout your neighbors just keep choppin' wood at your place.

Its not a matter of hate, its just that most small schools don.t get quality transfers every single year. This reminds me of GCS  .

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Relevant in my opinion, we've got a few over the years but nothing like you all have.   Like Pujo said in other words

it is a little sweeter if you can win without them.  Its the programs that are good every year that gets these transfers it seems like for the most part.

Wait? You all ? You meen GB or Peabody we have had 4 transfers in 10 years !!

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Winning is sweet no matter how you do it in my opinion. I dont care if we start 11 Russians as long as they can play at a High level and win. Winning is fun and fun to watch, losing is not. Coalfield has been poaching Oliver springs for years  they have zero room to talk.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Of course we would!We are always a top 7 program.Last year if our homegrown kid Gilbert stays we RUN AWAY with the title!Only kid that played all year was Bailey and he moved from Alabama as a Freshman and WAS DEVELOPED into a starter,i dont count him as a transfer he came in as a baby.McCord from Alcoa was a body didnt change us or really help us last year.Alot of these posts are irrelevant.1987 Greenback Cherokees 15-0 in the hardest time to win a gold ball.All homeboys!Since 1985 we have been relevant.

And our off season workouts are second to none in 1A/2A our kids are strong and fast because they are dedicated to winning.So we do a GREAT job at developing kids.My son came into high school as a 5'7 160 pound Freshman and left 5'11 265 pound all state football player and had the opportunity to play at Carson Newman.Last year the Plemons kid same story.Hanley 5 foot nothing and hundred and nothing ---MR FOOTBALL!Yes we developed these kids.

Very good program and coaches. but, to say transfers don't help much is not true. Silvey, Roberts Woods, running back from seymour, are all good players. i think they helped in the outcome of a few games. that is just naming a few.

51 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Very good program and coaches. but, to say transfers don't help much is not true. Silvey, Roberts Woods, running back from seymour, are all good players. i think they helped in the outcome of a few games. that is just naming a few.

You are correct,i was talking about last year in general.The kid from Seymour was hurt for a few games last year and didnt get to 100% till late.

Regardless we still would have been in the mix every year.

Edited by orngnblk