Henry County @ Milan Scrimmage

PatriotNation

This was one of the better Spring scrimmages  I can remember watching.  Both teams showed an abundance of talent And promise. As usual, Milan has some very good looking backfield talent with a couple of sure enough burners. Their passing game wasn't real impressive but there could be many reasons for that( QB playing baseball? )Their line was a typical springtime line With a lot of learning going on.The Patriot lines, on the other hand , looked a little better after the first couple of series . The secondary, a source of concern to some on these threads, did pretty good with three or four interceptions   The defensive line is big and played pretty well,  There were five RBs who showed their wares and all looked good in my  eyes: The phantom, J. Travis, J Kendall, D Davis and T. Haepp.Impressive newcomer Q. Kendall ( injuries ) and J. Johnson ( soccer ) did not play.Our new QB made some good throws and managed the team very well ( all of his backups are in baseball )

Thursday night ( no longer Friday ) we get the Lexington Tigers @ Bethel

GO BIG RED

10 hours ago, hcpatsfan said:

All the backs did look good making the most of the opportunity’s presented to them. I thought the QB looked better than expected considering he will be compared to the most accurate passer we have had. Jawon Odoms is a D1 prospect on both offense and defense. Sanders is a dominant linebacker and I hope his injury is minor. D. Davis looks like he has not skipped a beat the last two years playing basketball only. It looks like the offensive and and defensive lines will be as good as last year. I think we will have a hard time replacing our dominating linebackers, wr, and QB. The athleticism at outside linebacker seemed to be a concern when milan’s athletic QB took off around the corner. We were rotating a lot of players that may not see the field during competitive games. One returning starter at LB  is in baseball some and  other candidates from baseball  could help. J. Johnson is in soccer than can play at RB for sure. Seems like all the talent at RB will need to be spread out in order to get best athletes on the field. I think there will be some players  in baseball that will shake things up through the summer that will give the coaches a lot of options. Milan will be a good team, and one of their better players O. Williamson was in baseball.

Thank yall for the insight. I wasnt able to make it to Milan Friday. Sounds pretty promising! Gets me excited that 1st spring scrimmage went pretty well. So Dante Davis is back???? I watched him in middle school and I thought he was going to be one of the best RBs we have ever had! That's exciting! He always did a really good job on defense too. Does anybody know who this QB's name is? Is it Bona? I think we have plenty of talent it's just getting those players on the field in the right positions to get the best players on the field like we did this past season. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!

On 3/17/2019 at 8:19 AM, PatriotNation said:

Thank yall for the insight. I wasnt able to make it to Milan Friday. Sounds pretty promising! Gets me excited that 1st spring scrimmage went pretty well. So Dante Davis is back???? I watched him in middle school and I thought he was going to be one of the best RBs we have ever had! That's exciting! He always did a really good job on defense too. Does anybody know who this QB's name is? Is it Bona? I think we have plenty of talent it's just getting those players on the field in the right positions to get the best players on the field like we did this past season. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Yes it is Bona. Just a Junior too so plenty of time for him to polish up. Looks like Foster saw some action on defense with a couple of interceptions. I like that we look to be continuing the trend of having some of our better athletes play on both sides of the ball. Worked out pretty well for us last year, especially in the secondary. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Yes it is Bona. Just a Junior too so plenty of time for him to polish up. Looks like Foster saw some action on defense with a couple of interceptions. I like that we look to be continuing the trend of having some of our better athletes play on both sides of the ball. Worked out pretty well for us last year, especially in the secondary. 

It sure did. I'm getting excited about this season more and more! I really think there will be about 5 or 6 players this year that will have a huge year! Who says you cant get UP for Spring ball!!!! Like the great Nature Boy says....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!