Gibson County State Champs

Greenfieldfan

After watching most of the games last week at the girls state tournament I appreciate the Gibson County team even more. To begin with they have a great coach that has taught his girls how to play defense. They don’t have a superstar on the team but they have 10 girls that play together as a team.  GC beat teams that had great players because they had depth, role players that step up and do their job.  It was fun watching GC play unselfish basketball.

I know some will disagree but this is just my opinion but I think Gibson County would have won Class AA tournament last week as well. Class A Girls Basketball was better than AA Girls Basketball this year. Class A teams have beat AA teams all season, example (GC beat Westview twice & once by 24 pts).  (Class A Clark Range beat the favorite in AA Cumberland County and Macon County).  

In fact Gibson County would have beat 4 of the 8 AAA teams at state this past week.  Great teams beat super star individual players teams.  Congratulations to Gibson County, you deserve the Gold Ball

16 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

After watching most of the games last week at the girls state tournament I appreciate the Gibson County team even more. To begin with they have a great coach that has taught his girls how to play defense. They don’t have a superstar on the team but they have 10 girls that play together as a team.  GC beat teams that had great players because they had depth, role players that step up and do their job.  It was fun watching GC play unselfish basketball.

I know some will disagree but this is just my opinion but I think Gibson County would have won Class AA tournament last week as well. Class A Girls Basketball was better than AA Girls Basketball this year. Class A teams have beat AA teams all season, example (GC beat Westview twice & once by 24 pts).  (Class A Clark Range beat the favorite in AA Cumberland County and Macon County).  

In fact Gibson County would have beat 4 of the 8 AAA teams at state this past week.  Great teams beat super star individual players teams.  Congratulations to Gibson County, you deserve the Gold Ball

Appreciate the compliment. GC's defense was dialed in especially the first and last game of the tournament and was probably PPG this year best stat wise in the state. They played hard and did it without a real good player in Neal. They all stepped their game up. Greenfield had a tough draw both years. The Clarkrange game I know was a hyped up game and they played well and might have taken their guard down a little against Loretto. Nothing against Loretto. Great team. But Greenfield will be really good next year as your whole team will be better. Loretto will be tough as well. GC will be a little different team next year. Will be strong offensively with bigger posts. Just have to create a little depth which they have. Just are young and they have to get a ton better defensively.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

In fact Gibson County would have beat 4 of the 8 AAA teams at state this past week.  Great teams beat super star individual players teams.  Congratulations to Gibson County, you deserve the Gold Ball.     Larry Porter

15 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

Great tradition at Gibson Co. and Greenfield is one of the favorites to win it all next yr.

Proud of GC and proud of Greenfield last year. Back to back titles for Region 7 A. Humboldt boys could make a Single A party for District 14 A. Greenfield will be on a mission next year no doubt. Look for Madison Hart to be big for GC next year and Kaci Sweat. They will be on the floor almost exclusively next year. Look for Macey Neal's sister Zoe to play a big role as well. GC has about 7 or 8 freshman that will be sophomores and two good 8th graders that will be freshman to choose for depth. Freshman didn't lose a JV game this year. Exciting time for GC Girls Basketball. I know Loretto, Greenfield, Summertown, Westview and others are excited as well.