Who ur pick 1A 2019

Jaychapman

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 10:29 PM, Jagger18 said:

I don't have a dog in this race but summertown has dominated for years and after seeing them vs Cascade, I'd have to give it to Cascade between the two of of them. I've heard good things about CA but I haven't seen them play this year

Are u referring to Summertown and cascade from state tournament a yr ago cause they haven't played each other this yr.   

CA, Whitwell, Sale Creek, Cascade and Summertown are the favorites in my mind but wouldn't be shocked for a sleeper like Loretto to throw themselves in the mix either 

44 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Are u referring to Summertown and cascade from state tournament a yr ago cause they haven't played each other this yr.   

CA, Whitwell, Sale Creek, Cascade and Summertown are the favorites in my mind but wouldn't be shocked for a sleeper like Loretto to throw themselves in the mix either 

I thought a couple weeks ago the Huntingdon Fillies had a chance to make it to state but they've taken a nose dive the last week losing 6 in a row scoring scoring only 7 runs in the last 5 games. Fillies have the talent to pull out of their slump and be a factor in 1a but they better pick it up soon or it will be an early exit like the last 2 years.

2 hours ago, Not1toFwith said:

No I don't mean them playing against each other. I just mean I've seen both of the teams separately play this year and I was surprised at how much Cascade has improved their program over the years. No I wasn't meaning they had played each other. Summertown is still and always has been very talented though. And they game I watched also could have been an off day or they could have had players out with illness or injury. Both were early in season and that can also make a difference in their playing abilities. I was just going off what I saw when I witnessed each team play

Summertown always late jelling / they’ve played in basketball state tournament last 3 years don’t specialize in one sport / if you saw them early your in for a shock : just as last years champs peaking at right time / hit 9 hrs in weekends Muscle Shoals tournament - scored 40 gave up 6 against some highly ranked ala teams 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown always late jelling / they’ve played in basketball state tournament last 3 years don’t specialize in one sport / if you saw them early your in for a shock : just as last years champs peaking at right time / hit 9 hrs in weekends Muscle Shoals tournament - scored 40 gave up 6 against some highly ranked ala teams 

Yes when I saw them it was one of the very first tournaments of the season so things could have very much changed. And also depending on how far they went in basketball they may have had players still playing basketball. That's how long ago it's been. However I've never seen Cascade play like that in all the time I've been watching highschool softball which has been at least 10 years. Summertown has always dominated even in middle school.

So with that said I will say, I'd give Cascade the most improved award behind MTCS that I've seen lately.