Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Jaychapman

Who ur pick 1A 2019

Recommended Posts

Great game between Summertown and Hunti gdon yesterday. Two very good fast pitch teams going at it. Don't get much better. Summertown is very good but the Fillies matched up pretty good with them. Both pitchers are pretty tough. Maybe we'll get a rematch if we win friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday evening, I watched Unaka versus Cosby.

Both teams played very well. Both were fundamentally sound. I recollect about one strikeout per team. This isn't to take away from the pitching, it's just that the batters were good at making contact.

Two evenly matched teams with very good defenses. Unaka did throw out two Cosby runners at home plate—one being the result of the Unaka CF making a perfect throw, on the fly, to home plate.

The real difference for Unaka was the hitting of Tayla Potter, who launched three home runs.

A very close, exciting game. Congratulations to both teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, Croppygenius said:

Great game between Summertown and Hunti gdon yesterday. Two very good fast pitch teams going at it. Don't get much better. Summertown is very good but the Fillies matched up pretty good with them. Both pitchers are pretty tough. Maybe we'll get a rematch if we win friday

100% correct Croppy....     Won't shock me a bit for these 2 to play each other again.   CA better be ready today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go, Unaka Rangers! It must have been a wild and wooly game tonight. Thanks to whoever was sending in the scores and to Coach T. It looked iffy when it was 8 to 8 in the middle of the 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t be #1 till you beat # 1 Summertown Lady Eagles last years State Champs going back - you better have your A game on now ( both Huntingdon & Houston Co quality teams ) edge goes to LE been there done that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 8:00 AM, cp11 said:

These are the teams in my opinion who will be in murfreesboro, which in the big picture is all that matters. Unfortunely Huntingdon has to go thru CA and Summertown (which I have both seen) and I think they both get to the Boro. Fillies,Unaka, and Moore Co. are much better than Dresden and Union City, but that isn’t what my list is about. Good luck and may I be wrong about Huntingdon lol.

Gibson County is off everyone's radar....not an impressive record but they've had a ton of injuries (9 different players)...but they're healthy now and returning to the 'Boro....H-Town is staying at home....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cofo said:

Gibson County is off everyone's radar....not an impressive record but they've had a ton of injuries (9 different players)...but they're healthy now and returning to the 'Boro....H-Town is staying at home....

If Huntingdon was playing in region 7 where they should be the Fillies would walk to the state. TSSAA should be ashamed of what they've done to a traditional great program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Trey said:

They lost twice to CA. First time was 7-0 with Sudduth pitching and second loss was at home 10-0.

Wouldn't face CA still state.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

If Huntingdon was playing in region 7 where they should be the Fillies would walk to the state. TSSAA should be ashamed of what they've done to a traditional great program!

Basketball hasn't been that bad other than having to go through Loretto or Summertown in the Region has it as far as travel goes I am referring? I know football travels all over. But I agree. I wouldn't like it from a travel standpoint for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say I like being a sleeper team. A sleeper team that’s been there for a few years. But WE will show up more than some think.  I promise, the WHITWELL Class of 2019 will never be forgotten in Football and Softball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Redheadstepkid said:

I will say I like being a sleeper team. A sleeper team that’s been there for a few years. But WE will show up more than some think.  I promise, the WHITWELL Class of 2019 will never be forgotten in Football and Softball. 

GC was there last year and didn't do well. I know baseball had some good teams in our area this year. We will see in a couple of days I guess. Good luck to all teams!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...