Humboldt/mckenzie

Volsfan2000

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

3 things. 1 Can Humboldt rebound better?  2 Will McKenzie be hot from the 3pt line?? 3 Will the Humboldt D force 24 turnovers in this game???

I think Humboldt will rebound & play better, really the 1st quarter they got out rebounded by 21 and in one (1) possession Fayetteville  got seven (7) offensive rebounds which was the reason Humboldt was down 21-6 after first quarter. Also, Humboldt could not hit anything and scored the lowest all season for a half, 17 points. The second half the Vikings turned up the pressure defense & hit the boards going on a 48-28 run to win the game by 12 points. Fayetteville had a big team,  6'7, 6'6, 6'4, 6'2 & 5'10 and very athletic but once Coach Abernathy saw that they really didn't have any strong ball handlers, Vikings went to a press and it was over from there.

The score was 21-6 after 1st quarter, 25-17 2nd, 45-45 3rd & final 65-53 just to show that Humboldt started settling down and the 1st quarter was the only quarter Humboldt got out scored. Humboldt started speeding the game up, going on a 48-28 run in second half and you could tell Fayetteville was running out of gas. Defense wins game when your offense is not always clicking so I know the Vikings will come out ready to play.

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Edit

Mckenzie has the best boys team that I've seen from that District in 20 years, but they're from that district. It's a different type of basketball with 14A. McKenzie likes to run, but so does Humboldt. If you want to run with Humboldt, you'll be running to your defeat. I have our neighbors by 15. Good luck Humboldt!

6 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Mckenzie has the best boys team that I've seen from that District in 20 years, but they're from that district. It's a different type of basketball with 14A. McKenzie likes to run, but so does Humboldt. If you want to run with Humboldt, you'll be running to your defeat. I have our neighbors by 15. Good luck Humboldt!

McKenzie needs to get Jones in foul trouble. If they don't they will have to play their A game.

50 minutes ago, bottomwriter said:

Personal bias (can't root for a team nicknamed Rebels, my son wasn't good enough to play for McKenzie's coach) and Henry County roots come into play here. Humboldt by 15. Don't believe McKenzie is athletic enough to hang 4 Qtrs with the Vikings. Too bad this isn't the championship game.

I can't pull for any team nicknamed "Yankees"...