Fulton vs Wooddale..thoughts

terop

Fulton had a good team...if Wooddale had made the shots they normally do, those 3s...that game wouldn't have been close but give those guys cred...they played hard..the Davis guard not to bad...should be a good juco guard. Same for the smaller guard with the crazy hair..Lacy I think was his name...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jody should have played zone. Wooddale not a great 3 pt shooting team and they proved that early. I just think zones are a better defense for high school teams because not every player is a good defender...and not every player needs to be defended.

Edited by TheHill

I watched them play a lot this year...game before..they hit 9 3 pointers..they shoot the 3 very well...Zone wouldn't have worked either, they just would have went inside like they did in the 2nd half and that was the difference. Wooddale coach posted Chandler more in the second half and once he did that...all she wrote and that big dagger 3 in the 4th...they pulled off...

17 hours ago, kwc said:

Evidently, its not TOO hard.

So you thought playing man to man gave them the best chance to win the game. Did you watch the game? His starting center had 2 fouls in the 1st quarter. HELLO?

I played against Jodie his first year as coach for Fulton. I've known him for sometime and respect the job he has done at Fulton. That doesn't mean  I can't critic his strategy in that game. 

7 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

So you thought playing man to man gave them the best chance to win the game. Did you watch the game? His starting center had 2 fouls in the 1st quarter. HELLO?

I played against Jodie his first year as coach for Fulton. I've known him for sometime and respect the job he has done at Fulton. That doesn't mean  I can't critic his strategy in that game. 

I think the coach knows his team better then you do. He played what he thought was best for his team. Those are young men, not robots. 

However, my comments wern't about whether or not I agreed with is defense or not. My comments were aimed at your caveat. You could have left it off and just made your comments, because it was easy for you to critisize the man's choice of defense ... it wasn't hard for you to do.

6 hours ago, kwc said:

I think the coach knows his team better then you do. He played what he thought was best for his team. Those are young men, not robots. 

However, my comments wern't about whether or not I agreed with is defense or not. My comments were aimed at your caveat. You could have left it off and just made your comments, because it was easy for you to critisize the man's choice of defense ... it wasn't hard for you to do.

Lol! First of all, I have the utmost respect for Jody Wright. He will be a Hall of Fame coach for sure. Second, yes he knows his team better than me for sure but they lost the game. The thread is Fulton vs Wooddale thoughts, can I not give my thoughts on the game? Lol! Your feelings must still be hurt the 3AAA Champion came East. LMAO! There will be more gold coming back East in the fall. Book it! 

Will you agree that Bearden had a better nucleus of talent than Whitehaven? You questioned  me in a earlier post about it. Just curious?  

Edited by Springbrookrat