R'dale ?, ?, ?.............

Lost Old Dad

He 'LEFT' because.........

1.  His cover on his recruiting at R'dale was retiring.

2.  He thought he had the Valdosta, Georgia job sewed up so he could draw his Tn retirement and get a paycheck there.  He did NOT have anything sewed, 2painless fixed that!

3.  When that fell thru he thought he had a shot at the Hoover, Alabama job.  He did NOT get it!

4.  Went for a Private in Nashville.  They are still laughing about that!

5.  Went to Alcoa because they told him he would NOT have to teach anything and is in a place where he can RECRUIT!

Some of us have LONG memories, and will not let others forget.

35 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

2.  He thought he had the Valdosta, Georgia job sewed up so he could draw his Tn retirement and get a paycheck there.  He did NOT have anything sewed, 2painless fixed that!

3.  When that fell thru he thought he had a shot at the Hoover, Alabama job.  He did NOT get it!

5.  Went to Alcoa because they told him he would NOT have to teach anything and is in a place where he can RECRUIT!

Maybe he left because probably the greatest coach in TN HS Football History wasn't appreciated in the Boro, and is now in a place where winning is more appreciated? 2-4 aren't even reasons btw, you're just mud slinging. People are already accusing Creasy of recruiting when he doesn't need to. Kids want to be a champion. They used to want to go to Riverdale. Now Riverdale is full of sour grapes and excuses it looks like. So they'll go to Oakland.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

2priceless was a great poster!!  

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

425 Wins & 14 State Championships

Yes, but HOW did he get them and how much credit SHOULD go to his assistants?

He sand bagged Crawford out of the Blackman job when it opened, so Crawford went to Brentwood in Williamson county and came back to the Boro and BEAT Rankin for one gold ball Rankin did NOT get.

Next he sand bagged Coach Steve Britton out of the Siegel job when it opened.

How many of his current assistants has he sand bagged to keep them at Alcoa.

I will give him credit for knowing how to build good staffs and how to recruit and winning at any cost, but as a man I have ZERO respect.

PaPaLegba, you are MORE than welcome to him.  Any bets he is gone from there shortly?  I would say as soon as his son Graduates he is GONE!  If an out of state offers sooner, he will be gone sooner.

6 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Yes, but HOW did he get them and how much credit SHOULD go to his assistants?

He sand bagged Crawford out of the Blackman job when it opened, so Crawford went to Brentwood in Williamson county and came back to the Boro and BEAT Rankin for one gold ball Rankin did NOT get.

Next he sand bagged Coach Steve Britton out of the Siegel job when it opened.

How many of his current assistants has he sand bagged to keep them at Alcoa.

I will give him credit for knowing how to build good staffs and how to recruit and winning at any cost, but as a man I have ZERO respect.

PaPaLegba, you are MORE than welcome to him.  Any bets he is gone from there shortly?  I would say as soon as his son Graduates he is GONE!  If an out of state offers sooner, he will be gone sooner.

I'm not gonna act like i know everything that went on, but Rankin went out of his way to stump for Thomas McDaniel when Oakland became open, and changed the trajectory of that program. In a way he's responsible for 2 powerhouses in RuCo. That is the not the act of someone who's a bad person.

Rankin is really good at what he does and HS coaches don't get paid nearly enough, so I absolutely understand constantly pushing for pay raises. He left Riverdale in excellent shape, they had a team that should have won at least another title (maybe 2). But being so eager to move on from that era, Riverdale sowed the seeds of their own demise and the rise of Oakland over the last decade

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2019 at 1:37 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

303fpjl.jpg

15 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I'm not gonna act like i know everything that went on, but Rankin went out of his way to stump for Thomas McDaniel when Oakland became open, and changed the trajectory of that program. In a way he's responsible for 2 powerhouses in RuCo. That is the not the act of someone who's a bad person.

Rankin is really good at what he does and HS coaches don't get paid nearly enough, so I absolutely understand constantly pushing for pay raises. He left Riverdale in excellent shape, they had a team that should have won at least another title (maybe 2). But being so eager to move on from that era, Riverdale sowed the seeds of their own demise and the rise of Oakland over the last decade

Agreed 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I will agree he lobbied for Coach McDaniel, and deservedly so.  BOTH Coach McDaniel's did a BUNCH for Riverdale.  I will also remind folks of the man he PROMISED R'dale to (Coach Wyatt), that he turned on after all those years of carrying the clipboard for him and doing the actual talking to players he wanted to recruit.  You know the one that went to Smyrna and won 2 gold balls.  He also did pretty good when he had Siegel and played Maryville.  Oakland was out recruiting him while he was at Siegel.

YES, R'dale was set to win.  A VERY POOR choice of a Head Coach from METRO destroyed the program!  Man was as lost as last years Easter Eggs when he came to a 5a powerhouse from a 4a so-so program.  Especially when he kept getting beat by Maryville.  That is purely on a now retired ex-Principal that SHOULD have fired Coach A in year 4!

Is R'dale a POWER again? Nope, but it is building again.  Deal with that folks.  Just need to get a GOOD recruiter.  LOL

Now back to the original questions, when is SPRING!?!?