R'dale ?, ?, ?.............

Lost Old Dad

MidTennFootball,

"Rankin is really good at what he does and HS coaches don't get paid nearly enough, so I absolutely understand constantly pushing for pay raises."

Does this include the under the table payments from Boosters?  How about the kick backs from the equipment dealers?  How about the high paying jobs some boosters provide for members of the family?

Frankly between the pay and the supplements folks know what the pay is.  If that is not enough for them then they need to rethink a Coaching career or find a better paying job!

• 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to have lost it's way.  Back to the original question; what will the Warriors do this year.  When is spring practice? Scrimmages?

I know the previous coach left a mess but Coack K is entering year four, soooo..., is this the year he should be expected to put a competitive team on the field?  I thought year two was a step forward but last year was a pretty significant step backward.

I would post the schedule, it's on their web site but so small and poorly done i can't read it.

3 hours ago, TDCman said:

This thread seems to have lost it's way.  Back to the original question; what will the Warriors do this year.  When is spring practice? Scrimmages?

I know the previous coach left a mess but Coack K is entering year four, soooo..., is this the year he should be expected to put a competitive team on the field?  I thought year two was a step forward but last year was a pretty significant step backward.

I would post the schedule, it's on their web site but so small and poorly done i can't read it.

I miss the days when Coach Wyatt did the football web site.  It was great in that it had ALL the history and pictures from the program.  Miss Pat worked her tail off taking pictures for 6 straight years.

To me it motivated the kids when they saw all the R'dale kids that were the Mr. Football, and even the ones that were nominated.  For a large stretch there was ALWAYS a R'dale player nominated.  How many have we had in the last 14 years?  I can't think of a one during the Coach A regime.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:37 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

He 'LEFT' because.........

1.  His cover on his recruiting at R'dale was retiring.

2.  He thought he had the Valdosta, Georgia job sewed up so he could draw his Tn retirement and get a paycheck there.  He did NOT have anything sewed, 2painless fixed that!

3.  When that fell thru he thought he had a shot at the Hoover, Alabama job.  He did NOT get it!

4.  Went for a Private in Nashville.  They are still laughing about that!

5.  Went to Alcoa because they told him he would NOT have to teach anything and is in a place where he can RECRUIT!

Some of us have LONG memories, and will not let others forget.

I was informed that when he showed up on the D2 Private School campus to interview he was wearing a golf shirt with a tie.  Even the biggest fool in the world knew that his first impression would have him shown the EXIT door immediately.  Not near polished enough for that job.  IMO, he wanted to interview at the private school for two reasons:

1.  To see how good the facilities really were

2.  He wanted a pay increase out of the school he was at or the one he was trying to go to

10 hours ago, cbg said:

I was informed that when he showed up on the D2 Private School campus to interview he was wearing a golf shirt with a tie.  Even the biggest fool in the world knew that his first impression would have him shown the EXIT door immediately.  Not near polished enough for that job.  IMO, he wanted to interview at the private school for two reasons:

1.  To see how good the facilities really were

2.  He wanted a pay increase out of the school he was at or the one he was trying to go to

For him, that WAS dressed up!  1 and 2 were reasons also.  Especially number 2.  That is a favorite tactic of his to squeeze the boosters.

BTW he had been at BA enough that he already knew the facilities.  They beat him enough back in the 1990's!

17 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

For him, that WAS dressed up!  1 and 2 were reasons also.  Especially number 2.  That is a favorite tactic of his to squeeze the boosters.

BTW he had been at BA enough that he already knew the facilities.  They beat him enough back in the 1990's!

I’d say he turned out better than BA.  More state championships than anyone. More wins than anyone.  Those D2 privates, the headmasters, and all of the backers in the world cannot change that fact.  

You’re clearly just salty because he left Riverdale for a better situation at Alcoa.  I guarantee you if Gary Rankin were the coach at Riverdale from 2006-2009 that they would have won another state championship or two (minimum).  

Now you get to be like the rest of us and live out your days on CoachT watching Rankin pile up wins and championships.  Riverdale was a lot better off in the 90s through 2005 with Gary Rankin in charge of the football program than they’ve been since he went to Blount County.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I’d say he turned out better than BA.  More state championships than anyone. More wins than anyone.  Those D2 privates, the headmasters, and all of the backers in the world cannot change that fact.  

You’re clearly just salty because he left Riverdale for a better situation at Alcoa.  I guarantee you if Gary Rankin were the coach at Riverdale from 2006-2009 that they would have won another state championship or two (minimum).  

Now you get to be like the rest of us and live out your days on CoachT watching Rankin pile up wins and championships.  Riverdale was a lot better off in the 90s through 2005 with Gary Rankin in charge of the football program than they’ve been since he went to Blount County.  

Frankly Alcoa is WELCOMED to him.  I could care less that he left because my son was thru playing ball.  He had something more important to do.  He went to Iraq (once), Afcrapastan (more than ONCE) and is at Fort Sill in Oklahoma currently.

Now you can continue your Bromance with him (Rankin) all you want and are welcomed to him in my opinion.  I have more important current things to do and watch.  IE. whether the current HC at R'dale can make good this year.  I hope he does as this is the last year for him to operate without the boosters wanting him gone.  BTW want to put any real money on how long he (Rankin) will stay at Alcoa after his son Graduates?

After the 10 year debacle with Coach A, we are not as patient as we once were.

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Frankly Alcoa is WELCOMED to him.  I could care less that he left because my son was thru playing ball.  He had something more important to do.  He went to Iraq (once), Afcrapastan (more than ONCE) and is at Fort Sill in Oklahoma currently.

Now you can continue your Bromance with him (Rankin) all you want and are welcomed to him in my opinion.  I have more important current things to do and watch.  IE. whether the current HC at R'dale can make good this year.  I hope he does as this is the last year for him to operate without the boosters wanting him gone.  BTW want to put any real money on how long he (Rankin) will stay at Alcoa after his son Graduates?

After the 10 year debacle with Coach A, we are not as patient as we once were.

I was wondering how the clone was doing.  Thank him for his service.  

16 hours ago, wave88 said:

I was wondering how the clone was doing.  Thank him for his service.  

Will do as I will be talking to him this afternoon. He usually calls on his way home from work.  8 minutes from the gate on the base to his house.

Hopefully they will all get a week to come home this summer.  Its the only time I get to spoil the Grandkids and pull for the schools I hope the littlest one goes to.  I am pulling for either UTn or Bama, Clone is pulling for Fla. State, and Daughter in Law is pulling HARD for OU.  She still has not forgiven me for teaching Clone 2 to say "Hook em Horns" when OU played Texas.  LOL  At three he was going thru the house holding up two fingers and saying Horns, Horns.  Clone says it was a good thing I was not there.  Clone 2 STILL says it every time he sees Bevo.

Clone 2 is already taller than the Clone was at that age and MUCH stronger!  Pediatrician told them she usually does not make height predictions, but she figures Clone 2 will go between 6'4"-6'8" at High School/College time.  Considering the men average 6'8" on my dads side it would not surprise me.  I told the Clone NOT to let Clone 2 lift as much as he did in High School as the Doctors told the Clone that is why he is only a little over 6'.  Bowden REALLY wanted the clone at 6'2" for a full ride.  Was going to play him at LB like our cousin did for him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well it is SAD times for R'dale football.  I went to the R'dale site this week looking for ANY information about R'dale football.  The results of my search was there is NOTHING there except for offhanded comment about Facebook.  Supposedly every R'dale team is 'supposed' to be covered by the site, but try finding anything about FOOTBALL either past or PRESENT!

Facebook is NOT a school site or is it controlled by them.  Thusly information about the team could be cut off and deleted at any time.  This from a team that used to have its own web site that was the envy of most of the state.  Of course this was back in ancient times when we regularly played for the State Championship EVERY year or were VERY close.

As I do not go on or ever will go on FB, can someone tell me if we are even having spring practice this year?

Can we all tell I am about fed up?  Yes, I knew we could.

31 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Well it is SAD times for R'dale football.  I went to the R'dale site this week looking for ANY information about R'dale football.  The results of my search was there is NOTHING there except for offhanded comment about Facebook.  Supposedly every R'dale team is 'supposed' to be covered by the site, but try finding anything about FOOTBALL either past or PRESENT!

Facebook is NOT a school site or is it controlled by them.  Thusly information about the team could be cut off and deleted at any time.  This from a team that used to have its own web site that was the envy of most of the state.  Of course this was back in ancient times when we regularly played for the State Championship EVERY year or were VERY close.

As I do not go on or ever will go on FB, can someone tell me if we are even having spring practice this year?

Can we all tell I am about fed up?  Yes, I knew we could.

They have a scrimmage scheduled against Independence today, LOD if it doesn't get rained out.   It is at Riverdale.  I was over there yesterday.