R'dale ?, ?, ?.............

Lost Old Dad

6 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Well it is SAD times for R'dale football.  I went to the R'dale site this week looking for ANY information about R'dale football.  The results of my search was there is NOTHING there except for offhanded comment about Facebook.  Supposedly every R'dale team is 'supposed' to be covered by the site, but try finding anything about FOOTBALL either past or PRESENT!

Facebook is NOT a school site or is it controlled by them.  Thusly information about the team could be cut off and deleted at any time.  This from a team that used to have its own web site that was the envy of most of the state.  Of course this was back in ancient times when we regularly played for the State Championship EVERY year or were VERY close.

As I do not go on or ever will go on FB, can someone tell me if we are even having spring practice this year?

Can we all tell I am about fed up?  Yes, I knew we could.

Don't the have a self-appointed sports information director?

15 hours ago, fredjones said:

Don't the have a self-appointed sports information director?

David Limbaugh started that way, but it got made official under Mr. Nolan before he retired.  Last I heard from David was he was BIG on FB and running for Office he did not get with the County.

I do not know if the current Coach even knows about the Old site that Coach Wyatt had set up for Rankin.  David's puter knowledge was not up to supporting it.  That is one reason ALL the teams are under the schools main umbrella so the school boards techs can ride herd on it.  It is NOT a good situation for ANY of the programs.  Surely there is at least ONE teacher in the school that could help the teams out.  If nothing else get paid a little by the booster club to do it as an independent contractor.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

David Limbaugh started that way, but it got made official under Mr. Nolan before he retired.  Last I heard from David was he was BIG on FB and running for Office he did not get with the County.

I do not know if the current Coach even knows about the Old site that Coach Wyatt had set up for Rankin.  David's puter knowledge was not up to supporting it.  That is one reason ALL the teams are under the schools main umbrella so the school boards techs can ride herd on it.  It is NOT a good situation for ANY of the programs.  Surely there is at least ONE teacher in the school that could help the teams out.  If nothing else get paid a little by the booster club to do it as an independent contractor.

The lack of information sharing is AMAZING for many schools.   I can't even get half the teams State wide to update Max stats like they should.   When you're interviewing Coaches State wide each week, it's a huge pain in the butt to try and get info on the kids...

I've never understood why the schools can't appoint a social media student each year (semester).   To update this stuff.   I know there would be kids willing to do it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Thank You.

LOD, I'll have Coach Kriesky on with me next Tuesday, May 28th, for our spring wrap up show.   He's scheduled for around 7:30 PM.   Show starts at 6:00 PM.   Here is a link if you wanted to get caught up on Riverdale news:

Friday Main Event Spring Football Wrap Up

Thank You!

BTW have you ever thought about asking ALL the Coaches what THEIR plans were to have web sites for and about their teams?  I know most fans would like to know.

PUTTING the monkey publically of their back would be nice for a change.  Their salaries and supplements is NOT for just X's and O's!

Any that do not either answer or try to retaliate against you will not be where they are at long.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

7 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Thank You!

BTW have you ever thought about asking ALL the Coaches what THEIR plans were to have web sites for and about their teams?  I know most fans would like to know.

PUTTING the monkey publically of their back would be nice for a change.  Their salaries and supplements is NOT for just X's and O's!

Any that do not either answer or try to retaliate against you will not be where they are at long.

I'll try to tactfully extract that info (police talk for you..lol)  I dont want to alienate Coach Kriesky.    The Duck 93.9 FM (my old station) is covering all their games this year so I'd prefer to keep him as an alliance. 

• 2 months later...

The defensive backs look like they need a lot of work.  The guys up front looked pretty good.

Expect Coach K to put a competitive team on the field this year...he's had enough time to get to that level.

Watched some of the other scrimmage clips elsewhere and was surprised that the QB play doesn't seem to  be up to par, especially with a guy in his 3rd year as a starter. Really only seemed to be one play, to one side, that he executed well.  Part of that was receivers being too timid going for the ball. Everyone in the passing game needs to step up.

Field looks like crap!  Why are they scrimmaging on it?  There is a perfectly good practice field for that kind of use. 

I know Coach A let a lot of stuff go to pot, but not using the practice field is plain old wasteful and stupid!

We better get a turf field soon because the game field will be nothing but mud and ruts before the season starts good!

If any Rutherford County school comes up against a team with a good passing attack they will be in trouble.  Only one I haven't seen yet is LaVergne and Siegel.