Alcoa Boys Head Coaching position open

RCcoach15

Big hush name to watch here is Jeremy Parrott from Bearden. May be a little nervous about what may be coming down the line for him after leaving his studs in all year even when up 30+ points or being exposed without all the best collective talent in East TN (or arguably the state).

Edited by 99Guy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 99Guy said:

Big hush name to watch here is Jeremy Parrott from Bearden. May be a little nervous about what may be coming down the line for him after leaving his studs in all year even when up 30+ points or being exposed without all the best collective talent in East TN (or arguably the state).

I have heard the same thing, but my understanding is that the new coach will be from a private school in Knoxville. If he turns it down, I would assume they would go with Parrott

Edited by jsmitty009987
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Lol! Turtle you know this hire could effect district 4AA for years. The new coach has some good talent to work with next year as well. Things should get interesting next year. 

Rat,

Whoever it is better bring some guards with him because Alcoa's guard play was horrific last year. Looked like all they had left after the coach ran everyone off was a few JV kids. I know the big kid is back and he was an All-Region player but they struggled mightily to get him the ball in good positions. In 4-AA you better have good guard play or you will get exposed quickly and last year Alcoa just didn't consistently have the guard play to play with Fulton & A-E.

Edited by TradgicallyHip

1 hour ago, TradgicallyHip said:

Rat,

Whoever it is better bring some guards with him because Alcoa's guard play was horrific last year. Looked like all they had left after the coach ran everyone off was a few JV kids. I know the big kid is back and he was an All-Region player but they struggled mightily to get him the ball in good positions. In 4-AA you better have good guard play or you will get exposed quickly and last year Alcoa just didn't consistently have the guard play to play with Fulton & A-E.

I will say that our guard play was very inconsistent last year. I would not call it horrific. We split with AE in the regular season and they beat us in a close one in the district tournament. Don't forget that two sophomore guards scored 22 points in the second half to help us beat Scott County in the district tournament.  These two guards should be much better next year. 

2 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

I will say that our guard play was very inconsistent last year. I would not call it horrific. We split with AE in the regular season and they beat us in a close one in the district tournament. Don't forget that two sophomore guards scored 22 points in the second half to help us beat Scott County in the district tournament.  These two guards should be much better next year. 

Fair enough. Plus, having a competent coach can possibly do wonders for their continued development. The best thing about it for Alcoa is it sounds like they will no longer have to go into virtually every contest at a disadvantage from an obvious coaching mismatch. Best of luck to the Tornadoes going forward. Looking forward to the announcement this Friday or whenever.