Alcoa Boys Head Coaching position open

RCcoach15

8 hours ago, TradgicallyHip said:

Rat,

Whoever it is better bring some guards with him because Alcoa's guard play was horrific last year. Looked like all they had left after the coach ran everyone off was a few JV kids. I know the big kid is back and he was an All-Region player but they struggled mightily to get him the ball in good positions. In 4-AA you better have good guard play or you will get exposed quickly and last year Alcoa just didn't consistently have the guard play to play with Fulton & A-E.

I thought Alcoa's guards were pretty good last year.  They can't hang with AE and Fulton's transition game! And wow Bearden's coach interviewed?    

14 hours ago, 99Guy said:

Big hush name to watch here is Jeremy Parrott from Bearden. May be a little nervous about what may be coming down the line for him after leaving his studs in all year even when up 30+ points or being exposed without all the best collective talent in East TN (or arguably the state).

Parrott has not interviewed and will not interview at Alcoa. The rumblings i am hearing suggest he is feeling confident and loves the group of players he has coming up.

3 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Parrott has not interviewed and will not interview at Alcoa. The rumblings i am hearing suggest he is feeling confident and loves the group of players he has coming up.

We shall see, insiders suggest differently. Maybe he wont take it but there has been discussion according to people very close and inside the situation.

• Like 1

Based on who I've talked to I think they are trying to get a teaching position open for the top choice and that's why it's a taking a little longer. If that doesn't happen it will be offered to the person that is certified for the position they have open.

2 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

RTI isn’t a made up class. It’s been a part of Knox County curriculum for at least 5 years now. It identifies kids with issues in math and reading and it helps the students. I don’t agree with the emphasis on collecting data points but I’ve been an RTI Tier 3 and 4 math teacher for the last 5 years. My state certification is in special education. 

I know what RTI is. and the teachers that teach each RTI have a job, however the instructional coach is basically an assistant principle that has no responsibilities. at least at the 4 schools I have been at. they do nothing except go to meetings in nashville that tax payers pay for  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

RTI is a state-mandated intervention.

What is Tier 4? We only have Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.

At our school it’s technically called Math T4 it basically allows SPED students in the RTI class. In other words collecting data points. 

Edited by QSouth89
  • Like 1