Alcoa Boys Head Coaching position open

RCcoach15

20 minutes ago, jsmitty009987 said:

Different competition at Alcoa. Be curious to see what happens when playing teams other than IMAC conference teams. 

This guy can coach, I believe he will do well. Lost to a good Dobyns Bennett team by 1 in regionals this year. Has a good pedigree as an assistant at Scinece Hill and took a lowly MoEast team and made them relevant in a very tough area of kids to work with. Is also a top notch teacher. As far as coaching goes he will, in short time, be a top 5 coach in the area IMO.

Edited by 99Guy

2 hours ago, 99Guy said:

This guy can coach, I believe he will do well. Lost to a good Dobyns Bennett team by 1 in regionals this year. Has a good pedigree as an assistant at Scinece Hill and took a lowly MoEast team and made them relevant in a very tough area of kids to work with. Is also a top notch teacher. As far as coaching goes he will, in short time, be a top 5 coach in the area IMO.

Mo east beat 5 teams last year over .500

Tenn HIgh

sevier Co

Mo west

South Doyle (17-13)

Greeneville

And you have to think, South Doyle, Sevier Co, and Mo West all play in the IMAC with Mo East so even their schedules are inflated, with the exception of sevier County this year. half the teams in that conference finish well under .500 every year. and then Mo East has no big out of conference wins IMO

racking up 20 wins against claiborne county, seymour, cocke county, G.P., etc.. is not that impressive. I'm not saying he can or can't coach. But alcoa usually schedules the top teams in the area. bearden, Maryville, Fulton, A.E., Grace, etc.. I was just point out facts.  He may do well there, I guess only time will tell.  All I'm saying is his record at Mo East is inflated by playing in possibly the weakest conference at any level in east tennessee (A,AA,AAA) 

Those stats are only from last year, but go back and look at previous years and count how many teams he beat over .500. 

Edited by jsmitty009987
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jsmitty009987 said:

Tenn HIgh

sevier Co

Mo west

South Doyle (17-13)

Greeneville

And you have to think, South Doyle, Sevier Co, and Mo West all play in the IMAC with Mo East so even their schedules are inflated. half the teams in that conference finish well under .500 every year. and then Mo East has no big out of conference wins IMO

racking up 20 wins against claiborne county, seymour, cocke county, G.P., etc.. is not that impressive. I'm not saying he can or can't coach. But alcoa usually schedules the top teams in the area. bearden, Maryville, Fulton, A.E., Grace, etc.. I was just point out facts.  He may do well there, I guess only time will tell.  All I'm saying is his record at Mo East is inflated by playing in possibly the weakest conference at any level in east tennessee (A,AA,AAA) 

Those stats are only from last year, but go back and look at previous years and count how many teams he beat over .500. 

I respect that insight. However, I've seen this guy at work and he's a great x and o mind. The kids buy into him as well, even though he draws a line and enforces the rules. I will be honest if they don't get Wells this is probably a better basketball get than Parrott IMO.

1 minute ago, 99Guy said:

I respect that insight. However, I've seen this guy at work and he's a great x and o mind. The kids buy into him as well, even though he draws a line and enforces the rules. I will be honest if they don't get Wells this is probably a better basketball get than Parrott IMO.

Now i can agree with that statement.  Collins>Parrott. But every year at Mo East it seeems like they had the district MVP. There just really isnt good talent in the IMAC.  He may win a state championship next year, who knows? I just hate schools that schedule down so they can rack up wins, especially already playing in a weak conference. And I know Mo East isnt the only place that does it.  But there is abig difference in winning 20 games at Mo East and winning 20 games at Alcoa. A HUUUUUGGGEEEEE difference

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jsmitty009987 said:

Now i can agree with that statement.  Collins>Parrott. But every year at Mo East it seeems like they had the district MVP. There just really isnt good talent in the IMAC.  He may win a state championship next year, who knows? I just hate schools that schedule down so they can rack up wins, especially already playing in a weak conference. And I know Mo East isnt the only place that does it.  But there is abig difference in winning 20 games at Mo East and winning 20 games at Alcoa. A HUUUUUGGGEEEEE difference

I cant argue any of that at all. That is all factual and great insight. I just think they got a really good basketball coach and teacher. I think he will do well there, but I could be wrong I have been before haha!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jsmitty009987 said:

Tenn HIgh

sevier Co

Mo west

South Doyle (17-13)

Greeneville

And you have to think, South Doyle, Sevier Co, and Mo West all play in the IMAC with Mo East so even their schedules are inflated, with the exception of sevier County this year. half the teams in that conference finish well under .500 every year. and then Mo East has no big out of conference wins IMO

Can't disagree with you really but historically Alcoa has better talent than Morristown East. That's where you're not factoring in better talent and better coach = better team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Can't disagree with you really but historically Alcoa has better talent than Morristown East. That's where you're not factoring in better talent and better coach = better team. 

Historically better talent yes, currently better talent I'm not so sure. I will say this though, there was no way they weren't going to upgrade from where they were.......I mean that mission was accomplished by just naming someone to the post.

I have heard nothing but great things about Coach Collins as a person, teacher and coach so best of luck to him and the Tornadoes.