Alcoa Boys Head Coaching position open

RCcoach15

3 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

We shall see Turtle,  AE had 7 seniors and Fulton had 6. Alcoa will have a chance to win this district next year IMO. 

You’re right about AE being senior heavy but AE is AE they will be at the top regardless.  Fulton 6 seniors????  Page and Davis are the only 2 i know about .  Who are the other 4?

40 minutes ago, Turtle said:

You’re right about AE being senior heavy but AE is AE they will be at the top regardless.  Fulton 6 seniors????  Page and Davis are the only 2 i know about .  Who are the other 4?

You can add Trey West, Keithon Foster, Jashaun Fender, and Conner Haskell were all seniors according to the tssaa. This district will be much more competitive top to bottom. 

1 hour ago, Springbrookrat said:

You can add Trey West, Keithon Foster, Jashaun Fender, and Conner Haskell were all seniors according to the tssaa. This district will be much more competitive top to bottom. 

Oh yea, well you can tell I'm not a Fulton fan either hahah I forgot about those players.  

2 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

If the Cox kid doesn't play next year as is being rumored Alcoa will have a bigger talent drop off than any other school in that district (virtually 4 starters from a barely over .500 team). Not sure any coach can make that big of a difference.

13 hours ago, TradgicallyHip said:

If the Cox kid doesn't play next year as is being rumored Alcoa will have a bigger talent drop off than any other school in that district (virtually 4 starters from a barely over .500 team). Not sure any coach can make that big of a difference.

Do you know why he was rumored not to play? His parents did not like one of the previous coaches. That problem has been corrected. He's playing AAU basketball this summer so I expect him to be back. Plus I expect a surprise or two before next season starts. People forget that the Junior and sophomore classes a few years back won back to back middle school Championships in the highest division on the East Tennessee side. Alcoa has plenty of talent at the school and should be much better next year. 

43 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

Do you know why he was rumored not to play? His parents did not like one of the previous coaches. That problem has been corrected. He's playing AAU basketball this summer so I expect him to be back. Plus I expect a surprise or two before next season starts. People forget that the Junior and sophomore classes a few years back won back to back middle school Championships in the highest division on the East Tennessee side. Alcoa has plenty of talent at the school and should be much better next year. 

I heard from two different sources that the higher the level his football offers got the higher chance he quits playing basketball. Maybe the coaching change sways him to stay on the hardwood. That and having some capable ball-handlers join the squad would certainly help. We always knew last year, pressure the guards & you beat Alcoa. They would either turn it over, jack up a terrible shot or couldn't get it inside where they could legitimately hurt you. 

4 hours ago, TradgicallyHip said:

I heard from two different sources that the higher the level his football offers got the higher chance he quits playing basketball. Maybe the coaching change sways him to stay on the hardwood. That and having some capable ball-handlers join the squad would certainly help. We always knew last year, pressure the guards & you beat Alcoa. They would either turn it over, jack up a terrible shot or couldn't get it inside where they could legitimately hurt you. 

Capable ball handlers join the squad? So you think we don't have anyone that can handle the ball next year? Interesting that your hating on the guards but our worst statistic was opponents offensive rebounding. Our opponents were plus +10 in offensive rebounding category (in district losses). We had a couple of problems last year but to blame it all on the guards alone is foolish. Next year our guard play will be much better with or without Cox. Remember we had two starting guards that didn't average 10 points combine. I think with another year under their belts the starting guards we have coming back will be much better. Only time will tell but we shall see. 

Capable ball handlers join the squad? So you think we don't have anyone that can handle the ball next year? Interesting that your hating on the guards but our worst statistic was opponents offensive rebounding. Our opponents were plus +10 in offensive rebounding category (in district losses). We had a couple of problems last year but to blame it all on the guards alone is foolish. Next year our guard play will be much better with or without Cox. Remember we had two starting guards that didn't average 10 points combine. I think with another year under their belts the starting guards we have coming back will be much better. Only time will tell but we shall see. 

If they will stop playing scared it would improve the team as a whole

Not hating on anyone, just giving you an opponent's scouting report. Also, I am sure the offensive rebounding issue had NOTHING to do with your tiny little guards not being able to block out Fulton-AE's athletic freak guards! You are right though....we shall see how things shake out in 4-AA next season. Till then!!

5 minutes ago, 40Ford said:

If they will stop playing scared it would improve the team as a whole

3 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

No our guard play won’t be any better with out Cox the kids looked like young deer in head lights when we played AE and Fulton and played scared like they really didn’t want to be on the floor

On 4/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, 40Ford said:

No our guard play won’t be any better with out Cox the kids looked like young deer in head lights when we played AE and Fulton and played scared like they really didn’t want to be on the floor

Lol! Cox didn’t even play half of most games. Which didn’t make any sense to me? A lot of you don’t know but we will get a guard transfer in. I’ll stand by my comments and say our guard play will be better next year regardless if Cox plays. Next January we can revisit this conversation. For the record I hope he plays.