I hate Penn State

Bump11

I can’t stand PSU either. I still get the feeling Nolf would of found a way had the takedown not been reversed though. Both wrestlers would have wrestled the last two periods differently, and somehow I just think Nolf still would’ve got it done. It sucks we didn’t get to see it play out that way. I’m even more upset about Gable’s match. Cassar’s takedown was nice. His backing up and avoiding wrestling for the other 6 and a half minutes was not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Got the refs in their pocket. Nolf got beat. And Hidlay got royally screwed. Unbelievable. 

the first one at the end of the period was a takedown yeah. the one at the end of the match wasn't.

however I have to imagine that if they HAD awarded hidley the td at the end of the first nolf would've wrestled a different match. so hypothetically at the end of the first its 2-0 hidley I still take nolf to win.

Folks let's stop with the Nolf would have wrestled a different match and still won.  That's probably true but the fact remains Hidlay was awarded 2 and then the officials took it away without a protest from the Penn State coaching staff.  Instead of the officials just relaxing and awarding points that were earned they took it upon themselves decide the outcome of the match.  The world will never know if Nolf could have wrestled differently and come back from a early match deficit.  

20 minutes ago, cbg said:

Folks let's stop with the Nolf would have wrestled a different match and still won.  That's probably true but the fact remains Hidlay was awarded 2 and then the officials took it away without a protest from the Penn State coaching staff.  Instead of the officials just relaxing and awarding points that were earned they took it upon themselves decide the outcome of the match.  The world will never know if Nolf could have wrestled differently and come back from a early match deficit.  

its not like this is the first incident of the weekend. they clearly let riding time get over 1 minute vs gable steveson and when reviewed it very very very clearly should've stopped at :58 seconds instead they let it get to 1:01. and then the non takedown with rby vs desanto. just too many missed calls this year that are deciding matches.

12 hours ago, LBJ6 said:

I can’t stand PSU either. I still get the feeling Nolf would of found a way had the takedown not been reversed though. Both wrestlers would have wrestled the last two periods differently, and somehow I just think Nolf still would’ve got it done. It sucks we didn’t get to see it play out that way. I’m even more upset about Gable’s match. Cassar’s takedown was nice. His backing up and avoiding wrestling for the other 6 and a half minutes was not. 

I agree. But you have to think Hidlay does too. With that take down he’s got all the momentum. They take it away and now instead of having the lead on a big TD at the end of the period, he gets nothing. Still, I think Hidlay wrestled the better match all 7 minutes. Kid deserved it and had it ripped away by the officials. I can guarantee you if it was Nolf who had gotten the takedown it would’ve stood as called no question. Even more messed up part is Nolf even said after the match that it was a takedown  

And Cassar DEFINITELY stalled 99% of the match. It was bad. Yet no stalling calls. Then, the riding time at the end should’ve been stopped around :57-:59 when Gable escapes. But again they “looked at it” and screwed him too. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Upvote 1