N.W.C.A. Head Coach of the Year and Assistant Head Coach of the year.

BenAround

The National Wrestling Coaches Association has selected their Tennessee Head Coach of the year and their Assistant Coach of the year. Each Region throughout the state in Division 1 A-AA, AAA, and Division 2 was given the opportunity to nominated coaches for consideration. A ballot was sent out to all head coaches throughout the state to narrow the field. The top 4 vote getters where then put on a ballot and the board for the TN chapter of the Hall of Fame voted for this years winners. 

Congratulations to John Kramer- Wilson Central High School for being selected as the Head Coach of the Year. Also Congratulations to Patrick Simpson- Montgomery Bell Academy for being selected as the Assistant Coach of the year. 

There were many outstanding coaches up for this award! Tim Marshall- TN High, Ben Nelson- Baylor School, and Josh Peck, Nolensville High were finalists for Head Coach. Todd Worley- Hixson High and Will Greening- Tennessee High advanced to the second round of votes for Assistant Coach of the year.  

Please fill free to reach out to me if there is anything the N.W.C.A. can help with. If you are a head coach in Tennessee and did not get a ballot, Please email me at andrew.hedges@wcs.edu so I can update my email list of Head Coaches. I pulled emails from the list that Chris Vandergriff sends out. 

Thanks, 

-Andrew Hedges- TN Chair N.W.C.A.

Edited by BenAround