Waverly 2019

Wavo2004

On 8/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, ocac said:

I tried to tell everyone that when you lose 3 Mr. Football Candidates off the same team, do not expect the same results.  I saw a bunch of times last year where all 11 players would make a mistake on the same play, but a great athlete would make someone miss and go to the house.  Not the case.........ever again in Waverly.

You can win that way... you can also win with eleven guys who just do their job adequately, and wait for the other team to make mistakes.

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yo someone let me know how the scrimmage went. 

Went pretty good considering the heat. Some things are coming around and we even went 5 for 5 on PATs lol

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You can win that way... you can also win with eleven guys who just do their job adequately, and wait for the other team to make mistakes.

Right now we have a team/family atmosphere and it's like so and so hasn't touched the ball yet it's his turn. I'm ready for August 23rd!

• Like 1

Ready for the Battle of the Bridge vs Camden. Not a lot of talk on Camden on the T, seems to be about the norm the last 5 years since Waverly been sticking it to them. However, I hear Coach Blow and company believe Waverly will be down this year and gonna pull one off on us. Camden folk been talkin around town they gonna win. Any info on the yuppies across the River?

6 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Ready for the Battle of the Bridge vs Camden. Not a lot of talk on Camden on the T, seems to be about the norm the last 5 years since Waverly been sticking it to them. However, I hear Coach Blow and company believe Waverly will be down this year and gonna pull one off on us. Camden folk been talkin around town they gonna win. Any info on the yuppies across the River?

You’re not going to be down. You have a good team returning. Coach Boldin knee what he was doing returning home. You have a team that is close to getting to Cookeville. Peabody is your only true obstacle in my mind. When Columbia Academy left 2A it really changed the dynamic in the quarterfinals. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Trollin said:

We scrimmaged them. They were better than last year but I think they only scored on our second third string. 

Edited by Tide21
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You’re not going to be down. You have a good team returning. Coach Boldin knee what he was doing returning home. You have a team that is close to getting to Cookeville. Peabody is your only true obstacle in my mind. When Columbia Academy left 2A it really changed the dynamic in the quarterfinals. 

I agree. We lost some key skill guys, obviously. We will be a different Waverly team this year but I believe we still have what it takes. So far I have been impressed this preseason. The kids are really enjoying Coach Boldin and I know what he is capable of. Ready to get this season started. 

10 hours ago, Trollin said:

I agree. We lost some key skill guys, obviously. We will be a different Waverly team this year but I believe we still have what it takes. So far I have been impressed this preseason. The kids are really enjoying Coach Boldin and I know what he is capable of. Ready to get this season started. 

In my years of coaching I learned that not just one team loses players each year. Yes some lose more than others and we lost some good ones off last year's team but we have 16 Seniors and most of them have had significant playing time in the past couple years so I feel pretty good bout our chances so far.

• Upvote 1