Waverly 2019

Wavo2004

1 minute ago, Salem said:

There's lots of special athletes in 1A and 2A. Division 1A looks for extra special athletes.

How many Tennessee 1A or 2A players signed with a D1 colege football program last year? 

It's not only that ,it's how does their size translate to the next level?? Stanfill is small plain n simple !!! Example in point is Peabody in 2013 and 2014 had 2 explosive fast amd smart running backs "0" offers !!! 2018 Dickson who is a great back and top 3 in 2 A for sure  already in his Junior year has more than 1 D 1 offer .Why? 6ft 1 235 pounds and still fast !!! Just a simple fellas opinion but thats my 2 cents !!!

1 hour ago, Salem said:

There's lots of special athletes in 1A and 2A. Division 1A looks for extra special athletes.

How many Tennessee 1A or 2A players signed with a D1 colege football program last year? 

No idea bud, just know the qb at Meigs has alot of offers as a junior. Thought Stanfield would have been the same is all. His last offer is from Navy.

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

It's not only that ,it's how does their size translate to the next level?? Stanfill is small plain n simple !!! Example in point is Peabody in 2013 and 2014 had 2 explosive fast amd smart running backs "0" offers !!! 2018 Dickson who is a great back and top 3 in 2 A for sure  already in his Junior year has more than 1 D 1 offer .Why? 6ft 1 235 pounds and still fast !!! Just a simple fellas opinion but thats my 2 cents !!!

How big is Peabodys QB? He's really quick but didn't seem very big when I saw him last season.

26 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

How big is Peabodys QB? He's really quick but didn't seem very big when I saw him last season.

Same size as Stanfill !!! Which is why the D1 schools haven't come a knockin !!! Hes 6 ft and about 175 . Braton his older brother played for Bethel but was around 6ft 3

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

No idea bud, just know the qb at Meigs has alot of offers as a junior. Thought Stanfield would have been the same is all. His last offer is from Navy.

Greenback had 4 or 5 sign D-1 in 2016.We have A major D-1 in Bailey right now and Willis will solidify himself as a major D-1 if he stays healthy all year.We have a Freshman lineman who will have everyone knocking his door down after his Sophmore season if he of course can stay healthy also.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, ocac said:

Black is not one of Waverly's school colors.  Attempt by Boldin to do something different.  I too would like to know who Multi Championship Defensive Coordinator is myself.  Everyone here on CoachT has lost their mind if they think Waverly will be able to keep up with what they have been doing in recent years.  They lost 3 Mr. Football finalists off the same team!  I don't see anyone on the current team or middle school team that can come even close to replicating that kind of talent, especially at QB.  Just being real and preventing the Waverly faithful from setting Boldin up for failure.  They will win some games, but deep runs in playoffs are a stretch.  I ope so, but not likely.

We lost 1 Mr Football, 1 finalist and 1 that should have been atleast a finalist and all 3 were exceptional players. Yeah we won't be the same, everyone knows we won't put up 50 pts a game but I pray that we don't give up a bunch either! And I'm pretty sure Coach Bouldin knows exactly where we stand. 

2 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

Ready for Friday to see what Boldin has done different.  Blue and White game is nice to bring back . Use to love it when I was in school 

Good Luck to yall on your season !! Its always nice to renew a tradition also !!! I forsee Waverly being so different its will shock most !!! Team ball will be the new tone for your squad I guarantee, I dont believe you will "score 50" but as previously stated you wont give up as many either !!! Didnt knowns thing about Waverly until a few years ago but I enjoyed a many passionate back and fourths with alot of great Waverly Fanatics  !!!!!! You all are a great bunch and have my respect !!! And  Vandy Fan 1 dont forget I got you that Golden Tide T you earned ahahahahahahahahaa 

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Thanks 1

One of our stud players from last year said that Waverly was the best team we played last year.  I told him TC but I was not on the field doing battle.  But I do think Waverly could have very well won it all last year. It will take a lot for Wavo to beat Trenton this year.  We are loaded.  We look like a 4A school size and skill wise