Tullahoma

SouthernSlamma

21 hours ago, Rade Butcher said:

Welch is a good coach. I am surprised he didn't apply for the Wilson Central job since he was once an assistant under Randall Hutto at Lebanon.

Think Tullahoma is a great fit for a Coffee Co. native. He will do a great job!

23 minutes ago, PEARLBALL said:

As with most every school now days, it will be interesting to see how the mommas and daddys take to his discipled approach. His style is exciting, but there are no “l” in his teams from what I have witnessed the times I saw his squad play. 

And I have heard that that is part of the problem there especially with a freshman and his parents. Heard that is why it took so long to get this filled. It will be interesting to see what happens with it. 

22 hours ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

And I have heard that that is part of the problem there especially with a freshman and his parents. Heard that is why it took so long to get this filled. It will be interesting to see what happens with it. 

Wondering if he will keep players there...I think the coach at CCCHS has gotten a few from Tullahoma. Welch's biggest challenge will be overcoming that, football and baseball...but I'm sure he looked at that before taking the job. There is talent there...just not sure what the dedication level is...but if someone taps into that the sky is the limit in that district.

3 hours ago, TheHill said:

Wondering if he will keep players there...I think the coach at CCCHS has gotten a few from Tullahoma. Welch's biggest challenge will be overcoming that, football and baseball...but I'm sure he looked at that before taking the job. There is talent there...just not sure what the dedication level is...but if someone taps into that the sky is the limit in that district.

You are correct, but as it has been said before, basketball is a 2nd at best, probably more like 3rd ranked boys sport there. That district is wide open. Didn't realize that Coffee had gotten any kids from there, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if they were one sport only kids. Football and usually baseball is better at Tullahoma, but basketball is rarely ever better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

You are correct, but as it has been said before, basketball is a 2nd at best, probably more like 3rd ranked boys sport there. That district is wide open. Didn't realize that Coffee had gotten any kids from there, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if they were one sport only kids. Football and usually baseball is better at Tullahoma, but basketball is rarely ever better. 

The biggest thing to overcome is being in the same region with the schools in the Boro.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 9:28 PM, BamaBoy32 said:

I am betting his son wouldn't want to leave White Co. and I don't blame him. He is getting playing time on a team that is in the running for their district title every year. Tullahoma, won't even get a chance to play on the final day of their district tournament. Would make no sense for him to even consider moving his son to Tullahoma. 

Looks like Tullahoma proved you wrong.