Tennessee National Duals Teams

WWarrior97

It appears TN teams had a good showing in Iowa. 

I am curious how teams are chosen.  I remember this question being posed last year but I do not recall every seeing an explanation.  Was their outreach regarding selections or wrestle offs for the team.  Are the teams simply selected by the chosen coaches?  Also, how are the teams supported?  Does TN AAU pay for the entire trip or is each participant expected to pay their way?

1 hour ago, NotSurprised said:

Oh it’s just another shady situation coming out of Memphis.   #NotSurprised 

Our MS kids did very well, but there's some truth to your statement. I'm not speaking for all the coaches that went with our team to Iowa because there are some I respect a lot, but a few of the Memphis coaches like hanging out in the shade from time to time.

2 hours ago, Bump11 said:

I’d guess Belcher is a Wilson Central kid if he’s related to their past Belchers

No, Luke Belcher is a homegrown Bradley Bear.  He will be a freshman for Bradley Central next year and he is going to be a stud for the next 4 years for them.  

17 hours ago, wrestler04 said:

I think Kage Williams lives in NC.

Yes, but he was with me at Maryville for 2 years and may be back in TN in HS. He's just a 7th grader though.

Thomas Stadel is also a name folks will see more of in HS for the next 4 years as well.

Edited by JSamson7