2019 Top Ten in 5A

Getting my thoughts together for the upcoming season on our preseason Top Ten and would like to get some insight from the "T"...

I'd expect the usual suspects, Henry County, Fulton, Knox Central, Beech, Oak Ridge, Hillsboro and Gallatin to be strong again.

What about teams like Ridgeway, Page, Summit, Shelbyville, Crockett, Kirby to name a few.  

Give me your top ten and potential sleepers for the upcoming 2019 season.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

On 4/4/2019 at 8:06 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

Getting my thoughts together for the upcoming season on our preseason Top Ten and would like to get some insight from the "T"...

I'd expect the usual suspects, Henry County, Fulton, Knox Central, Beech, Oak Ridge, Hillsboro and Gallatin to be strong again.

What about teams like Ridgeway, Page, Summit, Shelbyville, Crockett, Kirby to name a few.  

Verdict is still out on Gallatin but there has been a resurgence of enthusiasm since Watson has taken over.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:06 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

Henry County has some great talent returning. Have a few questions still as I'm sure other schools have as well. HC has a very tough non region schedule so it should be interesting. I believe we should be placed somewhere between 5 and 7. Beech will be very strong possibly top 2 or 3. 

• Like 1

From ET   ... I would pick Powell to be the class  of  ET  ..they have over 30 seniors I think .. but  they will be strong   ,,,   Central ,   OR   and Fulton lost  alot of very good skill players and playmakers  ( especially Fulton )  ... so may be a  rebuild of sorts  for those  3  .... but IMO  .I would say Powell would be a top 5 pick in state for sure ...  

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

I'm not sure if I'd call them a sleeper, but Powell has a chance to be pretty good in East TN this coming season. They've got a very challenging schedule (Greeneville, AC, Fulton, West, Oak Ridge, South Doyle), but they bring back a ton of experience from a year ago.