2019 Top Ten in 5A

Fulton lost a ton of talented seniors .  Coach Black has done a great job, but this will be his toughest year in a while.

Playing Maryville the last few years has been a good litmus test for where they really are as a program.  They had some good teams, but were not as dominate as folks made them out to be.

6 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

I like it. Looks like we was thinking alike on Beech and HC. Wouldnt be at all surprised if by the semi finals its Beech/HC again. 

I wouldn't be surprised either. Never can tell with those Memphis teams though. Sometimes they really bring it like Brighton did in '17 and Ridgeway did in '14, but more often than not HC has had their number. I don't know what any of them are offering up this year. Ridgeway, Kirby, Brighton, Munford, etc...I just threw out the most familiar name. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

I wouldn't be surprised either. Never can tell with those Memphis teams though. Sometimes they really bring it like Brighton did in '17 and Ridgeway did in '14, but more often than not HC has had their number. I don't know what any of them are offering up this year. Ridgeway, Kirby, Brighton, Munford, etc...I just threw out the most familiar name. 

You are right the only thing that might be in our favor with some of those teams in Memphis this year is our tough schedule preparing us for the playoffs. I may be over optimistic but after seeing  the scrimmages I like what I see with our team to this point. Of course more work is to be done but I really think we will be better than first thought. Look for Odoms to have an Ethan Thompson "like" year. The kid can ball! The main thing is how the lines develop. 

GO BIG RED!!!

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

You are right the only thing that might be in our favor with some of those teams in Memphis this year is our tough schedule preparing us for the playoffs. I may be over optimistic but after seeing  the scrimmages I like what I see with our team to this point. Of course more work is to be done but I really think we will be better than first thought. Look for Odoms to have an Ethan Thompson "like" year. The kid can ball! The main thing is how the lines develop. 

GO BIG RED!!!

Odoms could be our next D1 caliber player. He was an outstanding DB last season. Can’t wait to see what he does as a 2-way player. 

Speaking of D1, also saw today where Nick Metzinger signed with Memphis. With the timing idk of it’s a full scholarship or preferred walk-on situation, but he’ll be lacing up some cleats regardless. Congrats to that young man. Been a beast of a lineman since his sophomore year. 

Edited by MSURacer
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Odoms could be our next D1 caliber player. He was an outstanding DB last season. Can’t wait to see what he does as a 2-way player. 

Speaking of D1, also saw today where Nick Metzinger signed with Memphis. With the timing idk of it’s a full scholarship or preferred walk-on situation, but he’ll be lacing up some cleats regardless. Congrats to that young man. Been a beast of a lineman since his sophomore year. 

Congratulations to Nick Metzinger!!! He was a big ol' boy! 

18 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Hope you are right on Gallatin.  Enthusiasm has not been this high in a while.  

I’m no expert, but I personally think Watson is a good coach. I was impressed with his teams at Northeast and I think he will do well with the resources he’ll get at a Sumner Co school. 

27 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I’m no expert, but I personally think Watson is a good coach. I was impressed with his teams at Northeast and I think he will do well with the resources he’ll get at a Sumner Co school. 

He has built a good staff and the kids are very excited.  Does he have the talent?  Can he coach?  Excited for the spring, he has definitely done well in the PR department.  Our scrimmage schedule for the spring and fall shows he will play anybody.