2019 Top Ten in 5A

I have no dog in this fight 5A thread and my home school is 6A. At HVA we don't even have a coach yet! But I will say it doesn't look good to have kids (please I don't want to come down on a kid but someone should have stopped that) putting on social media they are deciding to go to a school and may not be in zone. However I am told TSSAA has no problem with Knox Co student going to any school in county if KCS approves but once athletic record starts then proper transfer rules are in place. I just believe if your program is good win with what you have. 

31 minutes ago, GIJoe said:

I have no dog in this fight 5A thread and my home school is 6A. At HVA we don't even have a coach yet! But I will say it doesn't look good to have kids (please I don't want to come down on a kid but someone should have stopped that) putting on social media they are deciding to go to a school and may not be in zone. However I am told TSSAA has no problem with Knox Co student going to any school in county if KCS approves but once athletic record starts then proper transfer rules are in place. I just believe if your program is good win with what you have. 

It's not just Knox County.  Any student, as long as they start at a school as a 9th grader, can be eligible at any school they attend, in zone or not.  After they start the 9th grade if they transfer then they have to meet residence requirements, meaning they actually have to move in to the zone where they enroll.  

TSSAA eiligibility rules and individual system transfer rules are two totally different animals.  

And I repeat what I said earlier.  One would be hard pressed to find just one Knox County public high school that doesn't have at least one out of zone transfer on the football roster.  It happens.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Just keep y'all coach's away from kids that don't go to Powell and stop goin to 7v7 events trying to get kids to go to Powell

So, if you know it's happening, why don't you call The TSSAA Bunker in Hermitage? 

Or why don't you go talk to the coaches at whatever school it is you have ties to?  

All hat and no cattle, my friend.  

Edited by HTV

I think what bigdog is getting at is, Powell needs to teach their current and “future” players to be more careful to what they post in social media. I’m very aware of the situation GIjoe is referring to and let me assure you that said kid in question lives nowhere near Powell High school. HTV I know what you mean, YES every school has a transfer or two I agree. But not all roads were paved the same and some were done unfairly. That’s all I’m saying 

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I think what bigdog is getting at is, Powell needs to teach their current and “future” players to be more careful to what they post in social media. I’m very aware of the situation GIjoe is referring to and let me assure you that said kid in question lives nowhere near Powell High school. HTV I know what you mean, YES every school has a transfer or two I agree. But not all roads were paved the same and some were done unfairly. That’s all I’m saying 

Again, my friend - we'll have to agree to disagree.  I remember a time when Central had 7 starters who lived in the Powell zone.  And they were legit transfers.  Transfers in and out are nothing new.  

And by the way, I am confident that you know better than to believe everything you read on social media, especially coming from middle and high school aged kids.  

And like I said, it doesn't matter where one lives.  If they are granted a Knox County transfer and start at a school as a 9th grader, it's legit.  Period.  It just is.  

Coaches recruiting, however, is illegal under TSSAA rules.  Coaches can't even talk to their own feeder school guys according to the TSSAA.  Ask Scott Cummings about that one.  

But we all know that there is a third party network in this county that does the leg work.  And every single school in the county has those guys.  And as long at the officials ties are kept loose, that's not illegal.  

Edited by HTV

20 hours ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Powell must be using the same tactics as o.r. now.

Got any proof of that or just more blind allegations? Every star player at OR last year went to Middle School and beyond in the OR school system. Please try to stop throwing baseless lies around on a message board. It’s not cool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Plus powell coach's gose to all the 7v7 events all the ones in Anderson County people not dum when they r there knowing Powell didn't have a team there

1 hour ago, Bigdog4030 said:

If  a kid want to transfer that's fine but when a coach is in the early of the kid saying come out here and  play that what's I'm talking about 

No offense, but I need an interpreter to understand what you are trying to say.  

Just some unsolicited advice.  Be careful about pointing fingers.