2019 Top Ten in 5A

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

As I awake from my Championship slumber, I see we already have a poll out. I’d like to believe we still should be pretty high on the list, maybe not 1 but definitely in the conversation. Fulton, I’ll believe they are “down” when I see it. As for Powell, they very well could be loaded and perhaps be the best team in 5a. However, they may want to check and make sure all their “players” are zoned and eligible so they don’t repeat last year. Also, watch out for SD and Sevier County if their QB stays healthy. Go Bobcats!

You know how much respect I have for Bryson, JD Lambert, and Central, but I really wouldn't start pointing fingers on "eligiblity" at this point.  There are about 5 schools in Knox County who have a lot of player movement every year, and we all know who those schools are.  They are all playing the game.  Something like what happened at Powell last year could happen pretty much at any of those 5 and beyond in any given year.  And I am not saying that anybody is doing anything intentionally illegal.  But sometimes kids and parents aren't completely honest.  Adminstrators do their best, but they just don't have the ability to detect everything.  Being an AD in Knox County should be a full time job in itself, but it's not.  ADs are also legit assistant principals with legit assistant principal responsibilities that take priority over their AD duties.  

Edited by HTV

10 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

As I awake from my Championship slumber, I see we already have a poll out. I’d like to believe we still should be pretty high on the list, maybe not 1 but definitely in the conversation. Fulton, I’ll believe they are “down” when I see it. As for Powell, they very well could be loaded and perhaps be the best team in 5a. However, they may want to check and make sure all their “players” are zoned and eligible so they don’t repeat last year. Also, watch out for SD and Sevier County if their QB stays healthy. Go Bobcats!

SCs qb just transferred per his dads twitter page.

3 hours ago, HTV said:

To where, and which SC are you referring to?  

Thanks.  

EDIT:  Never mind on the who.  Found this:

Linky to the Tweeter

I saw the tweet as well and the Sevier County father may have been helping coach the football and basketball teams. To me it is a sad situation when a former player/coach feels the need to seperate from something so dear to them.

Sorry I can't help on where he might transfer to.

7 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Barring any miracle in the playoffs. From middle and west will for sure be either Beech or Henry County in the title game. I would expect from the sound of it from the east either Powell or Central. 

Central IS THE BIG BOBCAT right now and for the next seven months. Do not know much about them since Oak Ridge has not played them in a while and Catholic has had our number the last two playoff seasons.

Powell, right now, is getting a lot of hype. I would rather be getting respect not hype. Last season is over so I have no opinion on what happened to them last season. I wish them all the best.

My big concern is a team nobody is talking about and they sneak up and go to State from the East. A team like Rhea County or someone from NE Tennessee.

My team is Oak Ridge and I would place them at #7 Preseason. However, they may move up fast and stay at the top. I just like the mix of athletes, role players, All-State players, young players ready to blast off, solid special teams and solid coaching staff. 

I am the worst at predicting on how a season will play out. I just like to ramble on and on. RWR!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

My big concern is a team nobody is talking about and they sneak up and go to State from the East. A team like Rhea County or someone from NE Tennessee.

Willie, nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY from NET will ever be in Cookeville.   Now I suppose we could haggle over what "NET" means exactly, but if it means the Tri-Cities (Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City) and surrounding areas then I stand by my statement.   The reason is rather simple, here in NET we do not take football that seriously.   Now as a fan I absolute love the game, and I respect our coaches and players, but football is just not that big a deal up here. 

13 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Willie, nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY from NET will ever be in Cookeville.   Now I suppose we could haggle over what "NET" means exactly, but if it means the Tri-Cities (Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City) and surrounding areas then I stand by my statement.   The reason is rather simple, here in NET we do not take football that seriously.   Now as a fan I absolute love the game, and I respect our coaches and players, but football is just not that big a deal up here. 

GreenEville..... are they not in the “surrounding area”??

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Once Greeneville started winning State Championships NET disowned us :lol:.  We use to be included in awards for all NET teams in Football when I played back in 2008 but not anymore.  You would figure they would have railed around having a State Champ in that area but it just rubbed people the wrong way i Guess, but to answer your question Greeneville is part of NET and is adjacent to Washington Co.  Greeneville is also  part of the Johnson City-Kingsport- Bristol TN-VA Combined Statistical Area when it comes to U.S. Census Bureau.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Once Greeneville started winning State Championships NET disowned us :lol:.  We use to be included in awards for all NET teams in Football when I played back in 2008 but not anymore.  You would figure they would have railed around having a State Champ in that area but it just rubbed people the wrong way i Guess, but to answer your question Greeneville is part of NET and is adjacent to Washington Co.  Greeneville is also  part of the Johnson City-Kingsport- Bristol TN-VA Combined Statistical Area when it comes to U.S. Census Bureau.

I’m way over here in west TN and honestly the vast majority of people over here consider you guys NET. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Greeneville is 4A, this is a 5A thread.   But to your point, yes, Greeneville is considered NET.

How about this...  No 5A/6A school from NET will ever be in Cookeville.

22 hours ago, Swipes said:

Back when PrepXtra started expanded coverage, when Drew Edwards was the PX editor, Greeneville's power that be asked to be included in PrepXtra's coverage.  It continued through Jesse, Chris, and the current PrepXtra editor, for what PrepXtra is worth now that Gannett has decimiated the newspaper industry, and especially the high school sports segment of it.  

So, anyway, that was how Greeneville got "tied" to the Knoxville sports coverage market, rather than the NET market.