2019 Top Ten in 6A

On 4/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, 32hammer said:

Maryville Sr. class is loaded! Oakland has to travel to Maryville in the playoffs this year.  Winner of that game wins state my 10 points.

IMHO Right now..

1.maryville

2. Oakland

3. Blackman

4. Mt Juliet

5.Whitehaven

6-10. No clear separation with several teams that could be 6-15

Woah now Blackman lost A LOT of talent last year, and we still beat them. We lost a few key guys but are returning the number one recruit in the state and top 20 in the nation, that should help a little.

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Woah now Blackman lost A LOT of talent last year, and we still beat them. We lost a few key guys but are returning the number one recruit in the state and top 20 in the nation, that should help a little.

Glad to see you back on the boards.   After catching so much flak from 2017 season, I didn't expect you back.   Coach Perry did an awesome job last year.   End of the season, you could argue they were the number 2 team in the State.   Should see another great season this year.  

11 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Those two spots could easily be switched. My thoughts were Blackman may be slightly more use to replacing talent than MJ.  It's Spring, I took a shot at the top 5. Just an opinion.

16 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Those two spots could easily be switched. My thoughts were Blackman may be slightly more use to replacing talent than MJ.  It's Spring, I took a shot at the top 5. Just an opinion.

Yeah and you’re entitled to it, I just simply think Blackman might not even be a top 10 team this year after losing as much talent as they did. That’s my opinion.

30 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Glad to see you back on the boards.   After catching so much flak from 2017 season, I didn't expect you back.   Coach Perry did an awesome job last year.   End of the season, you could argue they were the number 2 team in the State.   Should see another great season this year.  

Don’t worry the haters will be in full force when they see the schedule this year, albeit not as bad as the past couple seasons.  Personally, I like the flak it makes winning that much more fun. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Don’t worry the haters will be in full force when they see the schedule this year, albeit not as bad as the past couple seasons.  Personally, I like the flak it makes winning that much more fun. 

Do you think you guys will make the semis this year?

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Do you think you guys will make the semis this year?

Anything is possible, I would say I’ll hold off on that prediction until I get a better feel for the team after a few scrimmages. I’d say the quarter finals are very likely. We’re replacing a few key skill positions and a couple solid lineman/backers. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:41 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Anything is possible, I would say I’ll hold off on that prediction until I get a better feel for the team after a few scrimmages. I’d say the quarter finals are very likely. We’re replacing a few key skill positions and a couple solid lineman/backers. 

Is your coach still obsessed with Oakland?

On 4/10/2019 at 7:16 PM, MSURacer said:

That is outrageous. I think our season tickets were $35 the last time I purchased them. Maybe $40. It’s been a couple of years. Our general admissions tickets are only $6, which is why that $15 number jumped out at me so much.,

I paid $6 each for three of us to watch an Alcoa Softball game over spring break, and they run ruled them. That was a quick $18.