2019 Top Ten in 6A

Maryville tickets went up $5 each this year and I know a handful of fans that didn't renew and after two decades of sitting in the same seats I let my four go. Not over price but the online setup and you can mark it down that was where the increase came from. I heard the lady that normally handles all the tickets and money is retiring so I bet they don't have anybody left up there that can count anymore since they've been teaching everybody toilet paper math the past twenty years. Toilet paper math tells me 4 season tickets equal 7 regular tickets

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 2:27 PM, warmachine7954 said:

I wanna know too. 

Why would anyone pay $15 a game when they can get an $8 ticket at the gate?

Do you get a foot massage? Free popcorn and coke? Seat warmer? Steak dinner before the game?

1.  Reserved seat means one can tailgate and enjoy friends and food and not worry about having to struggle to find a good seat.  Or if you can't get off of work early and put your blanket or stadium seats down when the gates open at 4:30-5:00 you know you have a good seat.  

2.  It's about supporting the program.  That's basically a $35 donation to the program.  If one is a supporter of the program, it's simply a donation to the program.  Costs to run a quality football program is increasing every year.  Unfortunately ticket price increased are part of the equation, and especially for the primo seating.  

12 hours ago, HTV said:

1.  Reserved seat means one can tailgate and enjoy friends and food and not worry about having to struggle to find a good seat.  Or if you can't get off of work early and put your blanket or stadium seats down when the gates open at 4:30-5:00 you know you have a good seat.  

2.  It's about supporting the program.  That's basically a $35 donation to the program.  If one is a supporter of the program, it's simply a donation to the program.  Costs to run a quality football program is increasing every year.  Unfortunately ticket price increased are part of the equation, and especially for the primo seating.  

Regarding your first point. I have heard some of the Maryville fans say that you only have to worry about that when they play Alcoa and that is only every other year at home. Most of the rest of the time it’s not hard to find a seat cause everyone knows they are going to kill the other team. 

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Keep leaving Germantown out... two years running they have beaten Whitehaven for the region title and finished in top five two years in a row. They may have best offensive line in the state and are loaded at rb. Defense may be stronger than in past as well.

1. Germantown

2. Whitehaven

3. Oakland

4. Mount Juliet

5. Blackman

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Regarding your first point. I have heard some of the Maryville fans say that you only have to worry about that when they play Alcoa and that is only every other year at home. Most of the rest of the time it’s not hard to find a seat cause everyone knows they are going to kill the other team. 

Obviously the opponent matters, but with the exception of fall break and a Thursday TV game, the home side is generally pretty full.  

4 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Keep leaving Germantown out... two years running they have beaten Whitehaven for the region title and finished in top five two years in a row. They may have best offensive line in the state and are loaded at rb. Defense may be stronger than in past as well.

Germantown is a very solid program, and I expect them to be tough again, but they gotta make it out of their region before people around the state take them seriously. G-town is in a particularly difficult spot because they will almost assuredly have to play Whitehaven twice most years to reach the semifinals. It's better to beat them in Round 3 than in Week 10. HeII, if I was the Devils' coach, I might not even put all my cards on the table against them unless it's the playoffs.  

27 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Germantown is a very solid program, and I expect them to be tough again, but they gotta make it out of their region before people around the state take them seriously. G-town is in a particularly difficult spot because they will almost assuredly have to play Whitehaven twice most years to reach the semifinals. It's better to beat them in Round 3 than in Week 10. HeII, if I was the Devils' coach, I might not even put all my cards on the table against them unless it's the playoffs.  

Maybe that's what Rodney has been doing?

tenor.gif?itemid=8012899