2019 Top Ten in 6A

10 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I like being #3. I wish we were lower. 

We're #chipnobody now.

LOL. No way you guys should be lower than #3. I think you'll only have one regular season game that you don't win by at least 10 points. Would not surprise me if you win 7-8 games by mercy rule.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Pretty good job. Its always subjective. With Maryville's great senior class I think they should at least be in top 2. MJ is too high IMO, especially after losing Grimes. I think Knox Central is a little high based on what they lost to graduation. If SD stays healthy, they could easily be higher. Fulton might be in for a rough year.

Lol another guy in the Grimes train, he statistically didn’t do much for us last year, and he plays on the Dline, not sure how that would win us 2-3 more games unless he came out like Julius Peppers next season. Number 5-6 is right where we belong for now, especially coming off a one loss season to Oakland last year.

19 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol another guy in the Grimes train, he statistically didn’t do much for us last year, and he plays on the Dline, not sure how that would win us 2-3 more games unless he came out like Julius Peppers next season. Number 5-6 is right where we belong for now, especially coming off a one loss season to Oakland last year.

Not really on the Grimes train. Just trying to be objective. Losing the #1 prospect in the state would hurt any team, no matter how successful they are.  Oakland seems to have improved at the QB position. Maryville is much better than last year ( and they beat the eventual state champ in the regular season) . Ravenwood has improved and WH reloaded as usual. I think MJ will not be as good as last year.  I could be wrong. If you guys beat Oakland and then Maryville this year, I'll be the 1st to give you much respect.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Since the Pre-Season is upon us, this seems a good time to bring this back up.

1.) Maryville

2.) Oakland

3.) Whitehaven

4.) Ravenwood

5.) Mt. Juliet

6.) Cane Ridge

7.) Germantown

8.) Brentwood

9.) Independence

10.) Houston

Have any of those teams outside of the top 4 won a 6A title? I'm not counting Independence since theirs was in 5A.

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Have any of those teams outside of the top 4 won a 6A title? I'm not counting Independence since theirs was in 5A. 

That said, that Independence team team that wom state would have prolly won 6A too. The west side of the bracket has so many possibilities this year. Could be Ravenwood- Whitehaven again in the semis but could just as easily be 2 different teams