Illegal Bat Use - Easton Ghost ?

FAIRandSQUARE

We had this discussion last week.  As far as we can tell, both Ghost (blue and yellow) are legal in high school play.  Neither are on the unapproved list.  I had to ask myself about the yellow ghost.  I know in travel softball it is only legal in USSSA (unless that has changed recently).  Interested to see what other people are seeing across the state. 

https://www.doubleaasports.com/page/show/3026875-2018-non-approved-asa-bat-list

8 hours ago, volsandtitans1 said:

We had this discussion last week.  As far as we can tell, both Ghost (blue and yellow) are legal in high school play.  Neither are on the unapproved list.  I had to ask myself about the yellow ghost.  I know in travel softball it is only legal in USSSA (unless that has changed recently).  Interested to see what other people are seeing across the state. 

https://www.doubleaasports.com/page/show/3026875-2018-non-approved-asa-bat-list

A bat must be asa stamped to be used in high school ball

The USSSA Ghost will not be listed on the USA approved, or non-approved list, as it was never a USA bat. It is illegal for HS play acoording to NFHS which uses the USA approved bat list. I cannot find any ruling that the USSSA Ghost is legal for high school. 

Edited by Jdaddy

The blue ghost is legal, the gold ghost is illegal. IF the gold ghost is found to have an ASA stamp on it it is an altered bat since you cannot buy a gold ghost with said stamp on it. Said bat should be confiscated by the umpires and turned into state office per a TSSAA official.

Edited by cp11

18 hours ago, FAIRandSQUARE said:

I heard a player from Collierville has been using this bat.. Do umpires not check or are they not aware of the non asa stamped bats ? 

Also, tssaa umpires went away from bat checks two years ago and only look at bat/stamps if protesting a bat from the defensive team. They do not get a list of illegal/ legal bats and will only go off what is stamped on the bat. 

• 3 weeks later...