#2,3,4Dekalb

#2,3,4Cannon

#5 L.A.

#6 York

#7 Watertown 

#8 Smith

#2,#3,#4 toss-up. 

Preseason prediction. 

Seen Upperman, Cannon and Macon all play this summer. I would rank Upperman slightly above Macon Co with . Upperman is just deeper and longer. Both are really good teams, this district is just going to just beat itsself up this year. Those 3 teams are as good as any 3 teams in 1 district in the state. A LOT of future college ball players on those teams. Cannon & Upperman are loaded with potential future College players (NAIA-D1 levels).

Edited by 99Guy

I did see where UHS beat East Nashville this summer. The transfer to Macon will be interesting. She is a solid player that will require touches. Those touches will have to come from somewhere. I do not see her happy as just  a defender and rebounder. As she is a capable scorer. This may take a bit to get worked out. I've not seen them this summer maybe it's already been worked out??

1 hour ago, UTRok said:

I did see where UHS beat East Nashville this summer. The transfer to Macon will be interesting. She is a solid player that will require touches. Those touches will have to come from somewhere. I do not see her happy as just  a defender and rebounder. As she is a capable scorer. This may take a bit to get worked out. I've not seen them this summer maybe it's already been worked out??

MC has beaten Riverdale, Oakland, Loretto, and many more great teams this summer. The transfer is looking really solid right now. She’s played a vital role in rebounding and defending and can score when she’s given the opportunity. So far she’s played fairly well in the system up here at MC. 

• 5 weeks later...

DC returns 17-18 starter Walker who sat out last season with a shoulder injury and 18-19 starter Agee who missed most of last season as well. Couple them with Ferrell, Colwell, and Ruch and we have a solid starting 5. Bench may be a little thinner this year as I am hearing a few didn’t try back out. I’ve heard of one pretty good freshman coming up as well. Just excited to get this season underway! 

I did hear of us beating Oak Ridge at a camp

but you know how those go. And I’m not sure how competitive OR is expected to be, and oftentimes the play everyone during the summer. 

On 6/17/2019 at 11:21 PM, 99Guy said:

Seen Upperman, Cannon and Macon all play this summer. I would rank Upperman slightly above Macon Co with . Upperman is just deeper and longer. Both are really good teams, this district is just going to just beat itsself up this year. Those 3 teams are as good as any 3 teams in 1 district in the state. A LOT of future college ball players on those teams. Cannon & Upperman are loaded with potential future College players (NAIA-D1 levels).

I got the opportunity to watch all the teams play this summer in camps and some of the kids on travel teams throughout the summer. I definitely think Macon will hands down be the best team in the district before and after the transfer from Watertown. I think 2,3,4 and 5 will be a toss up between Upperman, Dekalb, Cannon, and with a new coach at York I wouldn’t be surprised to see them up in the mix. Smith, Livingston and Watertown will battle for the remaining spots. Upperman has a few girls that will get offers to play after high school, but with Dana coaching they will always be someone you can’t count out. Dekalb will be a team to watch again this year also. Although they seemed to have lost a couple key players from lasts years team they looked a little rough and young.  Cannon’s seasons  the last 3 years have been up and down. They are the only team in this district with 4 of their starters getting on the all district teams and haven’t gotten to regionals. In this district night in and night out the Smith Co.’s and Livingston and Watertown’s are just enough to not over look any of them throughout the year. It’s gonna be another competitive season for sure. Good luck to you all. I’m going with 

1. Macon
  2. Upperman 
  3. Dekalb
  4. York
  5. Cannon
  6. Livingston 
  7. Smith
  8. Watertown

@8aabasketballfan Very good post.      I posted how I think they will finish above but this is why.   I don't think Macon loses a district game this year.   The post transfer is the difference.   They now have 3 solid scoring options and great defense.    I think 2-4 will be very competitive.   Upperman and Dekalb will be solid again this year.   Dekalb is returning a couple players from injury which I think will bump them ahead of Upperman along with the amazing play of Ferrel this summer.   Upperman has several good players.  Crouch and Hurst are ballers and Upperman will go as far as those two carry them.   It wouldn't suprise me if Dekalb and Upperman flipped but I expect those to to battle it out for #2 all year.   I think Cannon will be the most improved team in the district this year and will pull off an upset or two.   They have 4 solid seniors and I think  Kauffman could first team all district this year if they can pull out some wins.  I think York needs another year.  The freshmen will help them but I am not sure Johnson can score enough to beat the teams above them.   Should be a fun year in 8AA.