2019 - 2020 8AA

Coach White has his team playing at a high level. Clearly the better team last night in Lafayette. Upperman will have to make some adjustments for round 2 in Baxter and I have no doubt they will. Coach McWilliams will have her squad ready when Macon comes to town in a couple of weeks. It will be round 2 of at least 4 meetings, possibly 5. McClellan isn’t 100% yet but once she is she will be a force inside. The few minutes she played last night Macon had no answer for her inside.  I did notice there was clearly no love loss between these two teams as it got chippy real quickly. Macon isn’t 20 points better than Upperman but right now they are the better team. How all you need to do is win the one game that counts. To be continued....

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

Coach White has his team playing at a high level. Clearly the better team last night in Lafayette. Upperman will have to make some adjustments for round 2 in Baxter and I have no doubt they will. Coach McWilliams will have her squad ready when Macon comes to town in a couple of weeks. It will be round 2 of at least 4 meetings, possibly 5. McClellan isn’t 100% yet but once she is she will be a force inside. The few minutes she played last night Macon had no answer for her inside.  I did notice there was clearly no love loss between these two teams as it got chippy real quickly. Macon isn’t 20 points better than Upperman but right now they are the better team. How all you need to do is win the one game that counts. To be continued....

Not to be argumentative. But last night, watching the game, Macon was 20 points better. I'm sure it will be more competitive when McClellan is 100%. But I still feel MC wins at Upperman. Just my 2 cents

1 hour ago, tnchad1980 said:

Not to be argumentative. But last night, watching the game, Macon was 20 points better. I'm sure it will be more competitive when McClellan is 100%. But I still feel MC wins at Upperman. Just my 2 cents

Well of course you do. You’re from Macon County I wouldn’t expect anything less lol. I agree last night they were absolutely 20 points better maybe more!  I’ll see you on the 14th of February and we discuss your predictions further. On a side note, what was Macon County boys program thinking by letting Marsh move to Red Boiling?  That blows my mind. 

• Upvote 1

I think this years Macon’s to lose. That team is on a mission since the disappointment last year at the glass house. Last night turned out a little worse than I thought it would have. With Smith taking Dekalb into overtime was a sure shock to a lot of us i’m sure. It just goes to show you anything can happen in this district. CavFan I’m wondering what’s going on there too in CC anyone have any inside? Didn’t see last night going that way at all. Then the York game was about as expected York is starting to get things going and starting to gel at the right time. Gonna be an interesting finish. Good Luck to all! 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

If they're going to beat Macon, they better get to work on individual and team defense.... Macon shredded their defense all night. I watched the replay earlier this morning on Upper Cumberland Reporter. Macon jumped out an early lead, and it was over for Upperman. I'm not saying you won't beat them this year, but I doubt you will.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Well of course you do. You’re from Macon County I wouldn’t expect anything less lol. I agree last night they were absolutely 20 points better maybe more!  I’ll see you on the 14th of February and we discuss your predictions further. On a side note, what was Macon County boys program thinking by letting Marsh move to Red Boiling?  That blows my mind. 

I don’t follow you in asking how Macon let Marsh move to RBS? I don’t think he was kicked out of school and I am also sure Coach Welch didn’t buy him a house in RBS to move into.  Was Macon supposed to give him a bag of money to stay? His dad played at Macon and he came up through our elementary/Jr. High programs. 

Marsh moved to RBS on his own. Did it hurt Macon? Absolutely, but I don’t know what Macon had to do with that. It was a personal decision.

Edited by Vent