2019 - 2020 8AA

Macon County was the best team once again. Coach White has done a heck of a job with this squad. I hope he finally wins a championship. He definitely deserves it. Having said that I agree with an earlier post in that if they continue to play the stall ball kind of game it could end up costing them at some point. Both of these teams will be in the state tournament. So we shall see how things shake out. 

9 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Macon County was the best team once again. Coach White has done a heck of a job with this squad. I hope he finally wins a championship. He definitely deserves it. Having said that I agree with an earlier post in that if they continue to play the stall ball kind of game it could end up costing them at some point. Both of these teams will be in the state tournament. So we shall see how things shake out. 

I don't get the coach love. Heck, if they don't win state it will be because of him, not because of how well he's coached them lol. He had the talent to win multiple gold balls in single A and got out coached every time and was handed the keys to a ferrari when he took over at MC so all he has to do is not crash it but his ego won't let him just let the girls play. Mc is best team in AA, and anything less than a state champ is a huge disappointment.

32 minutes ago, ButwhatdoIknow said:

I don't get the coach love. Heck, if they don't win state it will be because of him, not because of how well he's coached them lol. He had the talent to win multiple gold balls in single A and got out coached every time and was handed the keys to a ferrari when he took over at MC so all he has to do is not crash it but his ego won't let him just let the girls play. Mc is best team in AA, and anything less than a state champ is a huge disappointment.

Another poor shooting performance like last year in the state tournament against a good team and it could end the same way.  There has been a lot of teams not win state when everyone thought they where the best team 

2 hours ago, ButwhatdoIknow said:

You don't need to b posting on here. Nothing is true u have said. Macon's coach is coaching for one reason and it's pretty simple the love of the game. And in A he had less talent than just about everybody they played and was very competitive. And at macon he has coached his team to a state tournament in 3 out of 4 years with a young team. How u can pin it all on a coach is well beyond me and this year should b 4 out of 5 years. I don't care if u like him or not to get on here and say stuff like this is very very dumb. I may not care much for upperman's coach at all but she is one heck of a coach no matter who likes or dislikes her just like macon's coach is. And as far as getting anything for coaching that was a joke. The only thing he is getting is his passion to coach.

Edited by twistedsister

14 hours ago, ButwhatdoIknow said:

Really?

When Larry White was at Red Boiling Springs (usually the smallest school in the district) and had to run the gauntlet of Pickett, Celina/Clay, Clarkrange, Jackson (when they were good) every year. He would have the 3rd best team in the state in A and never make it out of his region. To say he should have done better is completely ridiculous. In any other district he would have multiple State Tournaments. Also given top notch players were moving from RBS to Jackson county and Clay it is darn near an impossible job. 

Now Macon was not exactly the top AA job in the state and he had to go through Upperman (with Levy) to win and came razor close (is it really his fault a freshman missed 2 free throws being distracted by the Coach’s antics which should have warranted multiple Technicals). They have the best run in school history since Nera White her popped pimples under him.

I highly doubt they win the State not because of him but because the frigging school makes The 20th century Red Sox and Cubs look historically lucky and have lost in some of the most heartbreaking ways possible. 

How good has Ms Dana been without Levy? Isn’t magical that’s Upperman suddenly got good and Jackson county, LA, and others fell of the map. Upperman was once in Single A and never won a Championship either.

Edited by Khall555

7 hours ago, twistedsister said:

You don't need to b posting on here. Nothing is true u have said. Macon's coach is coaching for one reason and it's pretty simple the love of the game. And in A he had less talent than just about everybody they played and was very competitive. And at macon he has coached his team to a state tournament in 3 out of 4 years with a young team. How u can pin it all on a coach is well beyond me and this year should b 4 out of 5 years. I don't care if u like him or not to get on here and say stuff like this is very very dumb. I may not care much for upperman's coach at all but she is one heck of a coach no matter who likes or dislikes her just like macon's coach is. And as far as getting anything for coaching that was a joke. The only thing he is getting is his passion to coach.

Couldn’t agree more!  Coach White is a class act. When he was at RBS he would have went to multiple state tournaments had he not been in the same district as Clarkrange and Jackson County in the early and mid 2000’s all the while coaching at one of the smallest schools in the state!  The man can coach. His teams play hard and are always very good defensively. That HAS to be taught. Kids don’t just wake up and know how to play defense.  Sounds like someone got their feelings hurt somewhere along the way.....  What you’re reading in my posts is respect. He’s earned it and so it’s given. 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Really?

When Larry White was at Red Boiling Springs (usually the smallest school in the district) and had to run the gauntlet of Pickett, Celina/Clay, Clarkrange, Jackson (when they were good) every year. He would have the 3rd best team in the state in A and never make it out of his region. To say he should have done better is completely ridiculous. In any other district he would have multiple State Tournaments. Also given top notch players were moving from RBS to Jackson county and Clay it is darn near an impossible job. 

Now Macon was not exactly the top AA job in the state and he had to go through Upperman (with Levy) to win and came razor close (is it really his fault a freshman missed 2 free throws being distracted by the Coach’s antics which should have warranted multiple Technicals). They have the best run in school history since Nera White her popped pimples under him.

I highly doubt they win the State not because of him but because the frigging school makes The 20th century Red Sox and Cubs look historically lucky and have lost in some of the most heartbreaking ways possible. 

How good has Ms Dana been without Levy? Isn’t magical that’s Upperman suddenly got good and Jackson county, LA, and others fell of the map. Upperman was once in Single A and never won a Championship either.

Since Nera White popped HIS pimples...not HER pimples!  Just saying!  :roflolk:

18 hours ago, twistedsister said:

You may not like it, but don't get your feelings hurt by a stranger's opinion. I don't like or dislike the guy. I don't know him. But I do know the teams he's had, and i disagree that he's always had "less talent than anyone else in A".  He had some really good A ball players come through.  And get out of here with this love of the game lol. Like I said, i don't know the guy but ask literally any other coach in the state that does and they will describe one of the biggest egos in the game. I personally just don't get the love for a mediocre coach, but you do you boo and good luck to ya and your team(s).

15 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Really?

Wow. So your saying RBS had less talent in their area than places like Celina, Jamestown, and Pickett Co?  Can't agree there. And mentioning top notch players leaving, I wonder why that was? Maybe he couldn't coach them to get them better so they went somewhere else would be my guess.

I agree mc is def not top job in AA, but those girls are taught the basics of basketball from elementary school on up, so to think larry has "coached them up" with things they didn't know is ridiculous. So any player development that's happenned in mc under white has happened privately and through aau, I'm willing to bet. Also, previous coach had  pretty good teams and should have had 2 himself and o yea don't forget coach carters years ( so basically the last 30 yrs) that have been pretty good, so it's definitely not "the best run in history" good grief.

Anyway, i just never get when people slobber over a coach. Especially a banty rooster like white (allegedly of course). But it's all good, and good luck to your teams