2019 - 2020 8AA

Coach White may have a big ego and rubs some people the wrong way but to try and tear him down the way a couple have done on here is nothing but ignorance of the game or letting jealousy override their thinking! His coaching ability is unquestionable. If you can't say something good about a winner like him, just scroll on past the posts praising him without exposing your ignorance!

• Like 1

I was curious, so i googled larry to see if I could find his winning percentage in his career. From an article in the tennessean from last year that popped up, it said he had over 500 wins and had been at rbs from 76-2014 which is 38 years if my math is correct.  Dividing lets say 550 wins by 38 years equals 14 wins a year. Basically .500 percentage in A ball with talent. And now he's winning at a high clip. Sorry, i think thats due to the work those girls have done being brought up through the mc system. He may be next in line for sainthood, like i said i don't know him. I only know what I've seen and heard from his peers. Bottom line is all I said was i don't get the love for him, and that beast of a team he has is all down to those ladies on the floor knowing how to win and I'll be really surprised if they don't get that gold ball that mc has deserved for decades now. My 2 cents and you don't have to agree, i won't lose any sleep and neither should you.

Aight, y'all have a great weekend and tell your people you love them.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:07 AM, ButwhatdoIknow said:

You may not like it, but don't get your feelings hurt by a stranger's opinion. I don't like or dislike the guy. I don't know him. But I do know the teams he's had, and i disagree that he's always had "less talent than anyone else in A".  He had some really good A ball players come through.  And get out of here with this love of the game lol. Like I said, i don't know the guy but ask literally any other coach in the state that does and they will describe one of the biggest egos in the game. I personally just don't get the love for a mediocre coach, but you do you boo and good luck to ya and your team(s).

you said the only thing i'll pay any attention to from any of your posts. You don't know him. Please don't answer this either but so he has an ego what does that matter. The man can coach and loves it. My opinion your opinion doesn't matter another coach's thoughts does not matter. I know what im fixing to say does. Why don't u or any other bozo that has an opinion about him go ask any player that's ever played for him to give you their opinion. you want like that answer either and their opinion is all that matters.

I guess what a good coach is. Would be relative to the individual evaluating the coach. If it's just wins there is a middle TN coach that has roughly 665 wins in 26 seasons. That would be what 25.5 wins per season? Any good coach will have players and parents that love them as well as some that hate them. Without a hard standard to go by no way to please everyone. Who really cares what people on a message board think. No way I would want to coach high school basketball. In this age of the internet and everyone has a video camera nothing gets missed and usually get posted or quoted out of context. To fit the individual agenda be it good or bad.