2019 - 2020 8AA

1 hour ago, Indian said:

The districts have split in the first round of the region 2 of the last 4 years. One district is clearly stronger than the other, historically and on a yearly basis, but it's not like all 4 of the 8AA teams just roll over each year. 

I meant this year and last year Cumberland lost 2 starters to injury and still only lost in OT. But outside of Cumberland and sometimes Bledsoe the rest of 7AA is really bad. I have seen them play (my daughter goes to Cumberland) many times and teams like Grundy and Marion have no business playing with the likes of York and Cannon and certainly not Macon and Upperman. 

7AA

1-Cumberland 

2-Sequatchie 

3-Bledsoe

4-Marion 

6 point lead for Seq tonight in final at halftime but couldn’t overcome an injury early in third quarter to a main player, and heavy foul trouble. Marion led Bledsoe by double digits but things went downhill late especially after a main rebounder fouled out. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, Indian said:

7AA

1-Cumberland 

2-Sequatchie 

3-Bledsoe

4-Marion 

6 point lead for Seq tonight in final at halftime but couldn’t overcome an injury early in third quarter to a main player, and heavy foul trouble. Marion led Bledsoe by double digits but things went downhill late especially after a main rebounder fouled out. 

How do you see region playing out? Do disrespect intended but I think it will be tough for 7AA..

Edited by dctiger

15 hours ago, dctiger said:

How do you see region playing out? Do disrespect intended but I think it will be tough for 7AA..

Cumberland is the best team (by far) and they are 2-14 out of district with both wins by 1 point. Cumberland starts 4 freshmen and plays 6 in heavy rotation. They have gotten better as the year has played out. 

York has beaten Cumberland twice already (the 2nd time was close and both game were before Christmas) so it is possible for Cumberland to win at home. Cumberland is the only team in 7AA with a chance to win. 

Macon and Upperman will absolutely destroy whoever they play at home. Not even worth predicting these games.

Sequatchie will play good for 1/2 but will lose by double digits.

Cumberland will lose but it will be close until late. 

Edited by Khall555

4 hours ago, Indian said:

Cumberland won by 7 vs Sequatchie the second game and trailed at halftime by 6 Saturday night, until the point guard went down on an unlucky, unintentional step-on-the-foot early in the third quarter. Best team, yes, but not "by far." 

Just out of curiosity who is your team?

5 minutes ago, dctiger said:

Really bad position to be in. If DC wins, they get revenge on York for two losses. But our reward would be to get on the same side as Macon. 

DeKalb wins in a strange ending as York fouled with a lead and tried to get the last shot 

FYI: Macon could lose tonight and playing Upperman in Putnam County is not going to be easy for anyone nod nod wink wink

DeKalb at Sequatchie Lady Tigers by 25+

York at Cumberland Lady Dragons by 12-17

Edited by Khall555