Friday Main Event 2019 Travel Schedule

18 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I've asked him to come before, he said Meigs is a little out of their travel range. He may change his mind though.

Unfortunately this football thing is no more than a low paying passion right now.   I have to rely on my "paying" job to put food on the table.   The only way I can make a game like that is to take vacation on that Friday from my real job.   I work for a car manufacturer and my ability to take a vacation day is dependent upon whether or not someone else has already scheduled a vacation day for that week.    It's for that reason, we visit mostly Middle Tennessee schools.   Lee and I both work at the same place, so we also have to coordinate that day off with each other.   Definitely makes it hard to travel a long distance more than a couple of times each season.   We both always schedule off the week on the Blue Cross bowls and spend 3 days in Cookeville each year.

I'm 52 now, so hopefully when I reach retirement, I can take this up full time and we'll be free to see more East and West games.    I absolutely love going to new places and meeting new football fan bases.   Coach Ryan and Coach Fitzgerald are two regulars on our show and I'd love to see them face off against each other.

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Unfortunately this football thing is no more than a low paying passion right now.   I have to rely on my "paying" job to put food on the table.   The only way I can make a game like that is to take vacation on that Friday from my real job.   I work for a car manufacturer and my ability to take a vacation day is dependent upon whether or not someone else has already scheduled a vacation day for that week.    It's for that reason, we visit mostly Middle Tennessee schools.   Lee and I both work at the same place, so we also have to coordinate that day off with each other.   Definitely makes it hard to travel a long distance more than a couple of times each season.   We both always schedule off the week on the Blue Cross bowls and spend 3 days in Cookeville each year.

I'm 52 now, so hopefully when I reach retirement, I can take this up full time and we'll be free to see more East and West games.    I absolutely love going to new places and meeting new football fan bases.   Coach Ryan and Coach Fitzgerald are two regulars on our show and I'd love to see them face off against each other.

I know how it is man, I also work in the auto industry. No explanation needed. You should really try and see the qb from Meigs play at least once though if you can before he graduates. Hes a really fun player to watch. Maybe the South Pitt game you can make it. Be nice if we could both be undefeated when we meet.

21 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I know how it is man, I also work in the auto industry. No explanation needed. You should really try and see the qb from Meigs play at least once though if you can before he graduates. Hes a really fun player to watch. Maybe the South Pitt game you can make it. Be nice if we could both be undefeated when we meet.

He is a great athlete. Even on film its like "oh man.."

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

No it wont.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, Lee saw him against TC last year in the playoffs.   I was calling Oakland's games on the radio at the time, so I didn't get to see him.  I do at this time plan to be at that South Pitt game.   Coach Grider is always a gracious host for us despite Roy's objections to us coming.

2 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Yeah, Lee saw him against TC last year in the playoffs.   I was calling Oakland's games on the radio at the time, so I didn't get to see him.  I do at this time plan to be at that South Pitt game.   Coach Grider is always a gracious host for us despite Roy's objections to us coming.

Sounds good man. I'll come say hi if were both there. O&B might be with me. Hes likely to be a Meigs fan after game 2 for us. :roflol::popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

How big a boy are ya?!!:evil:

Still want the link to Meigs memorabilia? I know you asked me in a PM. But if I say it in the thread it will keep all your friends from asking muhahaha. You know I'm messin with ya bud. Really hope for no rain this year like last year. Went to alot of games with a large % of rain in the forecast.