Fargo cost - solution to money issue

durdon

One of the TWF’s board members and a prominent booster of wrestling in TN have gone to Bowers made him an offer.

Let all of the kids, coaches and parents make their own travel arrangements like they have for past 20 years,  Keep the cost to $500 per kid, get the kids a real gear package that includes shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, singlets, shorts, let the RTC SOUTH coaches and athletes run the Fargo camp; and training of coaches, officials, and athletes statewide, let all of the coaches and kids that want to go to Fargo go.    Allow for a Juniors coordinator and a Cadet coordinator that will manage all of the kids and coaches the entire time at Fargo so that Bowers can concentrates on his USA meetings.

This wrestling booster and TWF Board member have agreed to donate whatever money to the TWF that is needed to cover the shortfall from this trip. 

So a real solution that solves the TWF’s money issue has been presented to Bowers, one that will unify and satisfy all of the parents and kids that want to go to Fargo this year.  

The question is whether or not Bowers will accept it.

Edited by durdon
  • Like 4

Sounds like a great idea and I hope it works, but my bet is that he won't go for it. 

It is important to understand that a lot of what drives Bowers is to be perceived as  important.  He wants to be seen as being in charge and in control.  It makes him feel like he is somebody if he thinks he is getting accolades for something that kids are actually accomplishing (I know, weird and sad right). 

And yes, before anyone gets their panties in a wad, these things have come out of his mouth.  It is not hearsay or slander. 

• Upvote 3

Sounds to good to be true. What is the current cost to attend Fargo this year?

I would think that should be addressed so kids and their families can make plans to attend state/SE regionals. If it’s not affordable, doesn’t make much sense to attend the required tournaments for Fargo.

Any board members please feel free to elaborate on the current cost of Fargo?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Sounds to good to be true. What is the current cost to attend Fargo this year?

I would think that should be addressed so kids and their families can make plans to attend state/SE regionals. If it’s not affordable, doesn’t make much sense to attend the required tournaments for Fargo.

Any board members please feel free to elaborate on the current cost of Fargo?

Not a board member but there was a long thread about it a few weeks ago. The current cost is $1500

2 hours ago, cbg said:

If this is true (I cannot verify) and does not happen the whole board should be voted out immediately.  It's all about making things as affordable as possible while providing opportunities for the kids.

I can verify that it is true. You are absolutely right if the board allows for this not to happen they all need to go.