West TN Coaching Jobs

WestTNHoopsFan

• 2 weeks later...

From The Messenger Facebook page. 

SPORTS NEWS — Obion County Central High School has its two basketball coaches. RALPH TURNER has been hired as the new BOYS’ coach, while CHAD LEVISTER has been tabbed as the GIRLS’ coach. Athletic director Craig Rogers confirmed the two hires to The Messenger this afternoon. Turner comes back to West Tennessee after serving as the men’s head coach at Colorado State-Pueblo since 2011. He was previously the boys’ head coach at Ripley, the men’s head coach at Union University in Jackson and an assistant men’s coach at Lipscomb University in Nashville. Levister comes to Troy from Greenfield, where he most recently served as the boys’ high school and middle school head coach and an assistant coach for the girls’ prep team. As a girls’ basketball assistant coach at Greenfield and Westview, Levister has been a part of five state tournament teams. The Messenger will have full details in Monday’s edition.

Greenfield Boys' job is open now. 

20 hours ago, HuskerVol04 said:

From The Messenger Facebook page. 

SPORTS NEWS — Obion County Central High School has its two basketball coaches. RALPH TURNER has been hired as the new BOYS’ coach, while CHAD LEVISTER has been tabbed as the GIRLS’ coach. Athletic director Craig Rogers confirmed the two hires to The Messenger this afternoon. Turner comes back to West Tennessee after serving as the men’s head coach at Colorado State-Pueblo since 2011. He was previously the boys’ head coach at Ripley, the men’s head coach at Union University in Jackson and an assistant men’s coach at Lipscomb University in Nashville. Levister comes to Troy from Greenfield, where he most recently served as the boys’ high school and middle school head coach and an assistant coach for the girls’ prep team. As a girls’ basketball assistant coach at Greenfield and Westview, Levister has been a part of five state tournament teams. The Messenger will have full details in Monday’s edition.

Greenfield Boys' job is open now. 

That is a huge hire for Obion boys. Dang... Coach Turner has tons of head coach experience at both the high school and college level. Home run for Obion boys. 

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

That is a huge hire for Obion boys. Dang... Coach Turner has tons of head coach experience at both the high school and college level. Home run for Obion boys. 

I agree that he is a good coach but you've still gotta have the players. 

The biggest question for any school in West TN is can they get by Memphis when the postseason comes.

43 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Chester County, Liberty, Fayette Ware still open.

any word on who gets these 3 jobs?

We all know Liberty is open but it hasn't been posted on the TSSAA website. 

I can't remember but I think the Chester County job was posted but the post is gone.

Fayette Ware was posted and that post is gone. 

Liberty might be an inside hire from within the district.

Chester and Fayette are probably interviewing if it hasn't been announced and they're not advertising anymore. I don't know who will be interested in these spots. They're kinda like purgatory if you ask me

20 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

We all know Liberty is open but it hasn't been posted on the TSSAA website. 

I can't remember but I think the Chester County job was posted but the post is gone.

Fayette Ware was posted and that post is gone. 

Liberty might be an inside hire from within the district.

Chester and Fayette are probably interviewing if it hasn't been announced and they're not advertising anymore. I don't know who will be interested in these spots. They're kinda like purgatory if you ask me

I hear you. Hope the outgoing coach or somebody has taken care of scheduling and the summer for the kids.

Word out of Liberty is they are having a hard time finding a coach

Word out of Chester County is they couldn't get the top 2 guys they wanted and are close to offering it to someone else

No word out of Faytette Ware???...

Word of Lexington is they are close to hiring an assistant and will make an offer as soon as the girls head job is filled.