West TN Coaching Jobs

WestTNHoopsFan

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:24 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

They have been winning for a long time. Went to region semifinals this year. went to state tournament a couple years ago. The inside on this job is more than likely the same as anywhere else. You win a lot of games when you have good players. It is a basketball school for sure. Lots of athletes.

I hear they let Affirmative Action dictate their hiring practices...not only for coaches but teachers as well...is this true?

11 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Affirmative Action dictate hiring practices... what does this mean?

That certain jobs go to certain races...common practice I think. They have had that policy in Fayette Co for some time now.

Edited by TheHill

41 minutes ago, TheHill said:

That certain jobs go to certain races...common practice I think. They have had that policy in Fayette Co for some time now.

in 2019 I sure hope not. However, I am not familiar enough with the school system to comment on that. It would be a travesty to hire a coach based on the color of skin in 2019. I mean, come on. Really?

11 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

in 2019 I sure hope not. However, I am not familiar enough with the school system to comment on that. It would be a travesty to hire a coach based on the color of skin in 2019. I mean, come on. Really?

I think you are rather naïve to think it isn't common place...even in 2019.

Edited by TheHill