West TN Coaching jobs

WestTNHoopsFan

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'll go with a name when the hire is made. You never know if someone is comfortable with their interest being made public or not, so I just don't. Evidently the young lady from Dresden is ok with it, or at least it didn't come from me, so I'll agree with AllVolHere and put it out there that I think she'd be a promising hire for the job. Everything in her background, and everyone's opinion of her is solid. All great coaches were given a chance when they were unproven at some point, and it's my opinion that if you want the best, you have two options... hire the best, or hire an unproven who gives you the impression that they can be. Hire a middle of the road coach who's the best you can get at the moment, and you've got a mediocre coach.

from what i saw last year when I watched Lexington... whoever gets the job better be a heck of player developer. Next season could be really good but after that... Bench was short and not very athletic last year. Not the greatest middle school set up in Lexington either. lots of  K-8 schools with not a lot of skill development. Will be challenging for sure

31 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

from what i saw last year when I watched Lexington... whoever gets the job better be a heck of player developer. Next season could be really good but after that... Bench was short and not very athletic last year. Not the greatest middle school set up in Lexington either. lots of  K-8 schools with not a lot of skill development. Will be challenging for sure

Spot on assessment there. They losing a couple of starting seniors and one of the guards moved out. No development coming from the feeder schools. Pin Oak probably does most the developing and them kids go to Scotts Hill 90% of the time. 

Let’s not beat around here guys, the question for whoever the new coach at Lexington is, can you beat McNeal with lesser talent than what he has to offer? The Lady’s Hawks are going absolutely no where in this district, and if you can him, than you can beat Westview. 

Also, they’re expectations are sky high, especially if you add football into the mix. They are like Tennessee fans, still trying to relive the glory days (Lexington with “Big Red” football, Tennessee with the 90’s). Currently, Lexington is a baseball/softball school.

4 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

I agree. I have been told by several from Lexington that she was one being interviewed that they liked. It may not be so and she may not have any interest. I do think she would be a solid hire for anyone out there if she dies go that route. Too notch young lady!

Shelby would be a great hire IMO. She would work 24/7. 

16 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Let’s not beat around here guys, the question for whoever the new coach at Lexington is, can you beat McNeal with lesser talent than what he has to offer? The Lady’s Hawks are going absolutely no where in this district, and if you can him, than you can beat Westview. 

Also, they’re expectations are sky high, especially if you add football into the mix. They are like Tennessee fans, still trying to relive the glory days (Lexington with “Big Red” football, Tennessee with the 90’s). Currently, Lexington is a baseball/softball school.

Good Post.

The only thing is I don't understand how Lexington is a football school. Have they ever won a state championship? When is the last time they made it to the semi finals? How often do them make it to the semi finals?

The truth of the matter is that Lexington is a softball school and that is about it. They are middle of the pack in most other sports with an occasional good year.

Baseball is the next most successful sport for sure.

On 5/3/2019 at 9:05 PM, sportslover88 said:

Obion Co filled their girls basketball coaching job with Chad Levister. Thoughts?

Not sure how long he was at Greenfield but since the classification change a couple of years ago they have only lost 5 games in the district in 2 years and made it to region both years. So maybe he will do well. huge jump from 1A to 2A. Especially moving into that district. I wish him luck

On 5/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, AllVolHere said:

That will be a tough loss for Dresden if she gets the job. She is the glue that holds that team together.Will be a great hire for Lexington no doubt. Lots of work to do there but she has the knowledge and resources to establish a program. Positive would be no worries with politics with out of county hire.

Coach Bowman has done an excellent job, but to act like Dresden hasn’t had a lot success way before she got there is crazy.  Dresden had won multiple District titles and  multiple sub-state and state tournament appearances before she was on staff.  

On 5/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, RunAndJump said:

Coach Bowman has done an excellent job, but to act like Dresden hasn’t had a lot success way before she got there is crazy.  Dresden had won multiple District titles and  multiple sub-state and state tournament appearances before she was on staff.  

I dont think anybody said anywhere on this post that the program is going down the tubes. It is West’s program and that is well known. I was implying that they would be losing a great teacher, mentor, and by all means a Christian that many atheletes and students could confide in on and off the court. Whether you think so or not she is a positive aspect in the time she has been there. She was on the bench two years that they made it to state. How many more times have they been? Maybe one or two times? She will be missed if she goes. I dont know to many of the girls that are going to go confide in the other assistant. I for one hope she doesnt leave!

8 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

I dont think anybody said anywhere on this post that the program is going down the tubes. It is West’s program and that is well known. I was implying that they would be losing a great teacher, mentor, and by all means a Christian that many atheletes and students could confide in on and off the court. Whether you think so or not she is a positive aspect in the time she has been there. She was on the bench two years that they made it to state. How many more times have they been? Maybe one or two times? She will be missed if she goes. I dont know to many of the girls that are going to go confide in the other assistant. I for one hope she doesnt leave!

I will second that. Our girl has played with a team she coached years ago and been to several camps at Union she mentored and they have a great relationship today. Very good coach and great person.

Rumor is there are lots of applicants. a couple in the system and several out. i know for sure Lexington is interviewing candidates this week. It is getting late in the game. They need to get this done.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, RunAndJump said:

If she goes to Lexington she better be ready