West TN Coaching jobs

WestTNHoopsFan

7 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

It is Chester County Boys not girls. coach Pipkin aint going no where. LOL.

I messed that up earlier.

What makes you say Lexington Girls is a good job? just curious

I'll take a shot at answering... the pay is good, the tradition is there, fans are plentiful, and talent is typically available.

The maybe not so good... fans expect success, and upcoming talent isn't up to the usual standards for the immediate future.

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'll take a shot at answering... the pay is good, the tradition is there, fans are plentiful, and talent is typically available.

The maybe not so good... fans expect success, and upcoming talent isn't up to the usual standards for the immediate future.

sounds like a job where there might be a situation of unrealistic expectations.

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

what about the boys assistant job? good job?

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

what about the boys assistant job? good job?

Just as in any other situation, there are positives and negatives. Talent will be there, but not to compete with Southside. Fans will support an assistant who can come in and help (they're not sold on the 1'st year coach), but if a hire is made immediately, the job could be unstable. Grapevine says that the HC has applications in elsewhere. All in all, any coaching position in Henderson County is a "good job"... the pay is above average, the system is in great shape academically and financially, the communities will support, and there are non-system leagues thriving in almost every sport from 6 year old's up to develop our kids.

On 4/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, tradertwo said:

Just as in any other situation, there are positives and negatives. Talent will be there, but not to compete with Southside. Fans will support an assistant who can come in and help (they're not sold on the 1'st year coach), but if a hire is made immediately, the job could be unstable. Grapevine says that the HC has applications in elsewhere. All in all, any coaching position in Henderson County is a "good job"... the pay is above average, the system is in great shape academically and financially, the communities will support, and there are non-system leagues thriving in almost every sport from 6 year old's up to develop our kids.

Nobody competes with Southside next season. They didn't lose anybody.

so 50/50... could be a good job, could be a bad job. Gotcha

I don't see Coach Runyon going anywhere else. I think He lives in Lexington. Id say he will be there as long as they will have him.

Hopefully they will give him a chance.

The talent is not good at Lexington. I watched them play 3 times last year. They had some bigs that were good but no guard play and they graduated 4 starters. They had a couple of young guys but none of the young guys can shoot the ball. They have a chance to be good in the future but it won't be next year for sure. No way they compete for a District Title or Region title for at least another 2 years.

I will be super surprised if they win more games than they lose next season. They just will be really young.

Edited by WestTNHoopsFan

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Nobody competes with Southside next season. They didn't lose anybody.

so 50/50... could be a good job, could be a bad job. Gotcha

I don't see Coach Runyon going anywhere else. I think He lives in Lexington. Id say he will be there as long as they will have him.

Hopefully they will give him a chance.

The talent is not good at Lexington. I watched them play 3 times last year. They had some bigs that were good but no guard play and they graduated 4 starters. They had a couple of young guys but none of the young guys can shoot the ball. They have a chance to be good in the future but it won't be next year for sure. No way they compete for a District Title or Region title for at least another 2 years.

I will be super surprised if they win more games than they lose next season. They just will be really young.

You've got 'em pegged pretty well. I was (in general) speaking in terms of the relatively distant future, except for the current situation involving the HC. After next season, Southside should fall back to the pack some, and the pack should improve a little bit too, including Lexington. Past the next 3 or 4 years, Lexington's talent should be back to where they have traditionally been... maybe not the best in district, but good enough to compete to be among the top few, provided that the coaching is adequate. I too hope that the current coach is given his chance to succeed or fail on his own accord, and hiring a solid assistant would help.