West TN Coaching jobs

WestTNHoopsFan

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Mum is the word everywhere. Haven't heard any movement at all on the girls side or the boys side. You gotta think the these schools have got to make a move soon. It is almost May and summer practice starts in less than a month.

Not much interest in the job at Lexington. A few bites from the TSSAA site, but no names "familiar" in this area, and for sure no shoe-in's for a HC job at a high profile program. One interview scheduled with a person with Dresden ties that could be promising, but for sure not an established head coach. JMO, but sometimes that's the best route... other options starting to gain a foothold include some local names who have had opportunities here and in the surrounding area that haven't ( for whatever reason ) worked out.

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not much interest in the job at Lexington. A few bites from the TSSAA site, but no names "familiar" in this area, and for sure no shoe-in's for a HC job at a high profile program. One interview scheduled with a person with Dresden ties that could be promising, but for sure not an established head coach. JMO, but sometimes that's the best route... other options starting to gain a foothold include some local names who have had opportunities here and in the surrounding area that haven't ( for whatever reason ) worked out.

That will be a tough loss for Dresden if she gets the job. She is the glue that holds that team together.Will be a great hire for Lexington no doubt. Lots of work to do there but she has the knowledge and resources to establish a program. Positive would be no worries with politics with out of county hire.

21 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Any names at all on this one?

9 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

That will be a tough loss for Dresden if she gets the job. She is the glue that holds that team together.Will be a great hire for Lexington no doubt. Lots of work to do there but she has the knowledge and resources to establish a program. Positive would be no worries with politics with out of county hire.

What is the the coach's name from Dresden?

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

What is the the coach's name from Dresden?

Coach Bowman (Pace) is who they are talking about from Dresden that is interviewing for Lexington job. She assisted under Campbell at Union several years getting her Masters. She is underutilized at Dresden so I am not surprised she is looking. Looks like a good fit for both in my opinion if she gets the hire.

14 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Coach Bowman (Pace) is who they are talking about from Dresden that is interviewing for Lexington job. She assisted under Campbell at Union several years getting her Masters. She is underutilized at Dresden so I am not surprised she is looking. Looks like a good fit for both in my opinion if she gets the hire.

another post said not a lot of interest... Sounds like there is some pretty serious interest.

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Any names at all on this one?

I'll go with a name when the hire is made. You never know if someone is comfortable with their interest being made public or not, so I just don't. Evidently the young lady from Dresden is ok with it, or at least it didn't come from me, so I'll agree with AllVolHere and put it out there that I think she'd be a promising hire for the job. Everything in her background, and everyone's opinion of her is solid. All great coaches were given a chance when they were unproven at some point, and it's my opinion that if you want the best, you have two options... hire the best, or hire an unproven who gives you the impression that they can be. Hire a middle of the road coach who's the best you can get at the moment, and you've got a mediocre coach.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I'll go with a name when the hire is made. You never know if someone is comfortable with their interest being made public or not, so I just don't. Evidently the young lady from Dresden is ok with it, or at least it didn't come from me, so I'll agree with AllVolHere and put it out there that I think she'd be a promising hire for the job. Everything in her background, and everyone's opinion of her is solid. All great coaches were given a chance when they were unproven at some point, and it's my opinion that if you want the best, you have two options... hire the best, or hire an unproven who gives you the impression that they can be. Hire a middle of the road coach who's the best you can get at the moment, and you've got a mediocre coach.

I agree. I have been told by several from Lexington that she was one being interviewed that they liked. It may not be so and she may not have any interest. I do think she would be a solid hire for anyone out there if she dies go that route. Too notch young lady!

Would be a good hire. She's been learning from Campbell and West and if she really wants the job, I would give it to her. If she can bring some of Dresden's stuff to Lexington that's a huge win. And Tipton Rosemark will get lots of interest.

Edited by dmm88
  • Like 1