Centennial Cougar Challenge May 18th.

goblue1

We are hosting our annual summer tournament a few weeks earlier this year due to graduation dates and other tournament options . We are hosting it Saturday May 18th . Weigh ins will be at 8am and wrestling will start by 9am. We usually have kids grouped in pools of 4 to 6 so everyone is getting a decent amount of matches. In the past few years we are out the door by 1pm with everyone getting 3 to 5 matches. We try our best to group kids based on experience level and usually have some very good competitive pools. 

If you are interested in coming email me and I will put you on the distribution list and send out info as we get closer. The cost is $20 per wrestler. 1 3 min round.  10 point tech 

Thanks 

Phil Pelkey

[email protected]

Centennial Wrestling 

• 3 weeks later...

If you are going to attend I need you to let me know within the next week or so. As of now I have the following schools coming and some individuals that have reached out. We usually have about 60 to 100 and everyone gets 3 to 5 good quality matches and are out the door to enjoy the weather around noon. You cant beat that. 

Beech

Centennial

Clarksville

Nolensville 

Wilson Central 

others have reached out just waiting to hear back

Thanks 

Here is the form with the info 

Cougar Challenge  

Tournament Format: 

3-4 Mats depending on numbers 

• (1) 3 Minute period (hoping for 4-6 matches per wrestler) 

• 1 Minute sudden victory overtime 

• Still tied after 4mins of wrestling the official will flip a coin. 

• No Referee’s Position 

• Out of bounds or lack of activity result in a neutral start 

• 10 point technical fall 

• No escape point (contested or not) 

• 10 second opportunity to turn the opponent before neutral start. 

• The ten second rule restarts after each point scored. 

• 10 second clock does not start while opponent is in the near fall criteria. 

Weight Classes 

105;115;125;135;145;155;165;175;190;210;240;285 

-Tournament officials have the ability to block weight classes if needed. In the past few years we have grouped wrestlers as close to weight and ability as possible and had great match ups.  

Cost: $20 per wrester 

- Pre registration required.  

-When: May 18th weigh ins 8am wrestling starts at 9:00 

The past 5 years we have been out the doors by 2pm.  

-Where: Centennial High School  

5050 Mallory Lane Franklin TN 

Wrestler _______________________ 

Projected Weight Class: ___________  2019-2020 grade level __________ 

School or Club: _____________________ 

Last Year’s Results (for grouping) ______________________ 

Contact Info: _______________________ 

Waiver Form 

AMATEUR ATHLETIC WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY 

READ BEFORE SIGNING 

In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Centennial High Schools Cougar Clash Tournament and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that: 

1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program could be significant and while I understand the tournament will take all the precautions to try and prevent such an injury I do not hold them responsible in one should occur.  

2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; 

I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. 

_________________________________________________    DATE SIGNED:______________________ 

(Participant's Signature) 

FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE 

(UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION) 

This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, 

DATE  

(Parent/Guardian Signature) _____________________________ 

Emergency Phone Number:_(________)_________________ 

Still time to get in for this Saturday.  All I need is for you to email me about how many you will be bringing by this Wednesday so i know how to set up for it. I don't need weights or anything yet just numbers. Also I have had 2 teams ask about girls so if you had girls that you wanted to bring let me know. 

Here is a link to sign up for the tournament. This will help with set up and registration at the door. Only takes about i minute to sign up.  https://forms.gle/sD12b3QARBQrcDzN7

Still will take wrestlers up until tomorrow afternoon but really want to get a good idea of numbers so we can plan accordingly. We have some great teams coming so sign up and start the summer season off in a good way. 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Hamblin said:

Any results?

We just do it old school style with paper and pencils. We had a bunch of pools of 5 to 6 wrestlers and they all had good matches. New guys had newer guys and the guys that have experience all had good tough matches. 

2 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Thanks Coach!  My son got some quality matches and we were out the door at record pace.  Well done Sir!

Thanks I appreciate it. Our goal is to just get them on the mat give them as many matches as possible and then hit the road. I instantly left and drove to the lake so it was perfect timing.

Thanks a lot for coming I appreciate it. Good luck to your son this upcoming season