Best / Worst Facilities

Raiderforlife

12 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

That's the reason why I believe that it's odd for Huntingdon (a town that has a Walmart, right?) to be considered 1A but Scotts Hill (a town that has nothing other than a BBQ joint and a Mom-and-Pop's pizza place) to be 2A. I know Henderson County is open enrollment I believe, but still. 

Don’t go all in on the Walmart theory. Humboldt has a Walmart & they’re a 1A school while Peabody is 2A. Now I know Peabody is one of the smallest 2A programs out there but Walmart’s mean nothing lol. There really isn’t much to Huntingdon though. A lot of people in that portion of Carroll County live in McKenzie. 

The reason that these schools are like they are is simple.  Several school districts in moderate sized counties. Many counties like this have favored consolidation. These have chosen a different route.  The results create unfavorable situations at times. Mckenzie has swapped from 1A to 2A for years. Huntingdon is beginning to do the same. No real difference.

Edited by Coach

18 hours ago, Coach said:

The reason that these schools are like they are is simple.  Several school districts in moderate sized counties. Many counties like this have favored consolidation. These have chosen a different route.  The results create unfavorable situations at times. Mckenzie has swapped from 1A to 2A for years. Huntingdon is beginning to do the same. No real difference.

There is a BIG difference in McKenzie and Huntingdung. Just ask any Carroll Co. dentist. :)

Ill only name 2 and they are Camden(my town) biggest rivals, 

Huntingdon  even before the turf. Great stadium lots of fans foods good .  Best one we play in other than home games and thats just me being bias . I would name fairview as well but they are 3a

The Worst waverly. The visitors stands are the biggest joke in  the state. Small, below feild level  ,rough rocky uneven climb into the stands themselves.  Only one gate into the stadium  and they dont even sell the tickets there? You have to walk a hundred miles from parking lot to the  ticket gate and another mile to give someone your ticket and squeeze through a 4 inch gap they call the gate(maybe a bit exaggerated) It is a horrible set up which only becomes worse after games when everyone is leaving single file . concessions are bad and over prices as well 

They spend 25 grand on a big fat inflatable  helmet a few years back.The  money was very  poorly spent They can barely get it inflated before game time. Should have spent  to improve the stadium and pave that grassy mud pit between the parking lot and and gate

39 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Huntingdon  even before the turf. Great stadium lots of fans foods good .  Best one we play in other than home games and thats just me being bias . I would name fairview as well but they are 3a

The Worst waverly. The visitors stands are the biggest joke in  the state. Small, below feild level  ,rough rocky uneven climb into the stands themselves.  Only one gate into the stadium  and they dont even sell the tickets there? You have to walk a hundred miles from parking lot to the  ticket gate and another mile to give someone your ticket and squeeze through a 4 inch gap they call the gate(maybe a bit exaggerated) It is a horrible set up which only becomes worse after games when everyone is leaving single file . concessions are bad and over prices as well 

They spend 25 grand on a big fat inflatable  helmet a few years back.The  money was very  poorly spent They can barely get it inflated before game time. Should have spent  to improve the stadium and pave that grassy mud pit between the parking lot and and gate

Thank you Waverly can do a lot better. Better wear boots if you're a visitor!

5 hours ago, Beagle said:

I have had a problem with the Milan stands for years especially the visitor stands. Haven’t been to Waverly in a couple of decades so I can’t comment on how bad theirs are but Milan is horrible. 

On another note though the stadium is about to get a complete over haul in the next couple of years. Both sides of the stands will be knocked down and rebuilt with the home side being on the current visitors side. The parking lot will be redone with an entrance paying homage to the 9 teams to have made it to the championship. All of that is a go. They are now trying to decide if they want turf or not. Combine all that with the new scoreboard they recently got with the field house that is in great shape and Johnnie Hale will look amazing. Excited for our future. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 4/19/2019 at 11:33 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

That's the reason why I believe that it's odd for Huntingdon (a town that has a Walmart, right?) to be considered 1A but Scotts Hill (a town that has nothing other than a BBQ joint and a Mom-and-Pop's pizza place) to be 2A. I know Henderson County is open enrollment I believe, but still. 

You think thats bad ,we (Cosby) have about 350 students and are currently playing 2A in Football. At one time we were in the same region with Gatlinburg, and Alcoa had the numbers to be in a 2A region with or near us , fortunately Alcoa had the sense to voluntarily play up to 3A. Now when I look out my window in Cosby I see trees , Hay fields and cows. We have a few gas stations 3 or 4 mom n pop resturaunts ,an apple orchard and a Dollar General. Gatlinburg is well Gatlinburg...tourist capital of the state and $$$$$$$$$ coming out of their ears. Alcoa has an AIRPORT!! a big one! AIIIIRRRRRRPORT!  Now tell me how that works?

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

You think thats bad ,we (Cosby) have about 350 students and are currently playing 2A in Football. At one time we were in the same region with Gatlinburg, and Alcoa had the numbers to be in a 2A region with or near us , fortunately Alcoa had the sense to voluntarily play up to 3A. Now when I look out my window in Cosby I see trees , Hay fields and cows. We have a few gas stations 3 or 4 mom n pop resturaunts ,an apple orchard and a Dollar General. Gatlinburg is well Gatlinburg...tourist capital of the state and $$$$$$$$$ coming out of their ears. Alcoa has an AIRPORT!! a big one! AIIIIRRRRRRPORT!  Now tell me how that works?

The McGhee-Tyson Airport is there to service the Knoxville area and ALCOA happens to be next to it along with that metro area . . .

10 minutes ago, rlh said:

The McGhee-Tyson Airport is there to service the Knoxville area and ALCOA happens to be next to it along with that metro area . . .

Yea , I understand that. That still has to draw more residents to that area for jobs and what not. Still tell me how Alcoa and Gatlinburg fit in the same classification as Cosby. There HAS to be twice the highschool age kids in both of those communities than here.

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

Yea , I understand that. That still has to draw more residents to that area for jobs and what not. Still tell me how Alcoa and Gatlinburg fit in the same classification as Cosby. There HAS to be twice the highschool age kids in both of those communities than here.

Alcoa itself isnt that big.But they can take anyone from anywhere.So the pickings good and whats leftover Roys goat goes and gets for us!LOL!!

15.6 miles and population 10,000

Cosby as of 2000 had a population of 5200

Edited by orngnblk