2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

tonybologna

6 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I wouldn't sleep on Lake Co.The Puckett kid is a stud.Believe several colleges are looking at him.Think he hit 3 home runs in a game last week.The Wilson twins didn't play summer ball in Lake Co last year but played for Dyersburg and won the World Series with one of them pitching.I think Snyder hit one out last week.Games they lost may be because of depth of pitching but if a new series ,and the right pitcher on the mound,who knows.TCA easily beating LC.?Could happen but they didn't easily beat UC.So who knows?  Don't know if Snyder can pitch or not.He went to Dyersburg as a freshman fire baller and moved back to Lake Co where he started at QB.Tore his labrum.So not sure if they ever pitch him any.

Lake County is a good team. I didn't say they weren't. I said in a 1 game & done situation this can happen but I just don't think they are good enough to beat a deeper Gibson County team in a Best of 3 series. 

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

I’m truly struggling to see opinions such as Gibson County would have won a series etc? Gibson Co was a great senior heavy team (6 I think) and had several chances to win last night! Squandered opportunities in the 7th 8th 9th and 10th but it was the same for the Falcons...that’s baseball! GC had 5 hits in 10 innings and neither team hit the ball well...compliments to both pitching staffs! Everyone in LC has been waiting on this group to start producing like we knew they could...maybe a year earlier than some thought? In single A when you have 2 great arms it’ll get you a long way! LC is probably the biggest team you will see and not a speedy bunch but a ton of gritty guys! I’d also say a great group of young men! Hats off to Gibson Co...hard for anyone to lose that one! Study before we start the upset mess because I saw two very equally matched teams!

There really are no what I would call MAJOR upsets at this time of the year. That's unless you get say a team kind of like the Lookout Valley loss to Harriman. Harriman was a #7 seed in their own District tourney while Lookout Valley was #1. That's an upset when you combine that with their overall records. Would it have been a MAJOR upset if TCA lost to Union City? I would say in between a mild & MAJOR upset because Union City was in the state tourney last season.

Yes there are upsets but it's 1 game! That's what makes these games so tough. One & Done! I also agree that all these 1 run semifinal games are certainly due to each team pitching their ace pitchers. However, not ALL of the Regional Semifinals were low scoring games either. Most of them were but not ALL of them with still 2 more left to play today. 

3 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

Lake county can beat anybody if Snyder pitches, that’s a fact 

I havent seen Lake co baseball but know about Snyder.Know Dyersburg wantex him and he went there as a freshman.Didnt know if torn labrum was keeping him from pitching.So he is pitching?And zi know Wilson helped Dyersburg win World Series.So if Snyder is indeed pitching again.Id love Lake Cos chances against anyone

5 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Lake County is a good team. I didn't say they weren't. I said in a 1 game & done situation this can happen but I just don't think they are good enough to beat a deeper Gibson County team in a Best of 3 series. 

There really are no what I would call MAJOR upsets at this time of the year. That's unless you get say a team kind of like the Lookout Valley loss to Harriman. Harriman was a #7 seed in their own District tourney while Lookout Valley was #1. That's an upset when you combine that with their overall records. Would it have been a MAJOR upset if TCA lost to Union City? I would say in between a mild & MAJOR upset because Union City was in the state tourney last season.

Yes there are upsets but it's 1 game! That's what makes these games so tough. One & Done! I also agree that all these 1 run semifinal games are certainly due to each team pitching their ace pitchers. However, not ALL of the Regional Semifinals were low scoring games either. Most of them were but not ALL of them with still 2 more left to play today. 

Harriman was a 2 seed not 7. 

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I havent seen Lake co baseball but know about Snyder.Know Dyersburg wantex him and he went there as a freshman.Didnt know if torn labrum was keeping him from pitching.So he is pitching?And zi know Wilson helped Dyersburg win World Series.So if Snyder is indeed pitching again.Id love Lake Cos chances against anyone

Now is the time to manage your pitching. If you only have one LC will not last. TCA is loaded with pitching. Doubt you will even see our #2 tomorrow. Not short changing you guys. Just think they will save for state. Good luck. Except for tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Now is the time to manage your pitching. If you only have one LC will not last. TCA is loaded with pitching. Doubt you will even see our #2 tomorrow. Not short changing you guys. Just think they will save for state. Good luck. Except for tomorrow. 

Don’t worry we used our 1&2...10 innings was a back breaker! Trust me we know who the favorite is but this is far from the team y’all saw earlier in the year! We truly value the underdog role...thinking of changing my user name to underdog?

9 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Don’t worry we used our 1&2...10 innings was a back breaker! Trust me we know who the favorite is but this is far from the team y’all saw earlier in the year! We truly value the underdog role...thinking of changing my user name to underdog?

No no.  I am Not short changing you guys. Just all the talk about Snyder is all I was Commenting.  And at this point no one is a favorite. All teams are hear for a reason. 

9 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

No no.  I am Not short changing you guys. Just all the talk about Snyder is all I was Commenting.  And at this point no one is a favorite. All teams are hear for a reason. 

I know big guy...it’s just an LC thing! It is great that Snyder and Wilson are getting healthy and give us a good 1 2! I’m just glad we are relevant in baseball again! Safe travels tomorrow! Note to TCA fans the road to the field is out so use Parnell St to Hamra St to Vaughn Drive...we are giving you guys the scenic tour no additional charge 

5 hours ago, TwoSix said:

Harriman was a 2 seed not 7. 

I thought that I read this from Harriman's Twitter feed. I know for a fact that I read a #7 seeded team won their District title. It might not have been Harriman but it was some team. Maybe it was Harriman's softball team instead of their baseball team. I will have to go back & find out because I've looked up so much information about a lot of teams both baseball & softball. Not saying you're wrong either. I just thought it was Harriman baseball. I bet it's the softball team instead. I will find out soon though which team pulled this off.

Edited by tonybologna

Here are my picks for the Regional Finals since they're all set now:

Region 1-A: Greenback over University High (UH could pull off mild upset)
Region 1-AA: Greeneville over Elizabethton (close game)
Region 1-AAA: Science Hill over Tenn. High (Toppers are HOT!)

Region 2-A: Harriman over Wartburg (Harriman playing better)
Region 2-AA: Alcoa over Pigeon Forge (close one)
Region 2-AAA: Farragut over Hardin Valley (could be run rule game)

Region 3-A: Gordonsville over Monterey (3-5 run win)
Region 3-AA: Signal Mountain over Loudon
Region 3-AAA: Bradley Central over Soddy-Daisy (mild upset)

Region 4-A: Eagleville over Grace Christian (5-10 run win)
Region 4-AA: Sequatchie County over Grundy County
Region 4-AAA: Riverdale won

Region 5-A: Columbia Academy over East Robertson (close one)
Region 5-AA: Hendersonville over Station Camp (upset)
Region 5-AAA: Greenbrier over Sycamore

Region 6-A: Loretto won
Region 6-AA: Nolensville over Forrest
Region 6-AAA: Summit over Independence (mild upset)

Region 7-A: Trinity Christian over Lake County (5+ runs)
Region 7-AA: McNairy Central over Chester County
Region 7-AAA: Bartlett over Arlington (Arlington very well could take this game)

Region 8-A: Middle College over MAHS (5-8 run win)
Region 8-AA: Covington over Haywood (another possible run rule game or at least 5-10 run win)
Region 8-AAA: Collierville over Houston (Collierville & Farragut are probably the 2 best teams in Class AAA)

37 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

I thought that I read this from Harriman's Twitter feed. I know for a fact that I read a #7 seeded team won their District title. It might not have been Harriman but it was some team. Maybe it was Harriman's softball team instead of their baseball team. I will have to go back & find out because I've looked up so much information about a lot of teams both baseball & softball. Not saying you're wrong either. I just thought it was Harriman baseball. I bet it's the softball team instead. I will find out soon though which team pulled this off.

Wartburg won that district and was the 5 seed. The district those guys play in is a mini region with 9 teams and the top 5-6 seeds are tough in district play just about every year. Both Harriman and Wartburg are loaded with juniors so it should be a good one tomorrow and both will have a shot at being in this game again next year.

• Upvote 1