2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

tonybologna

16 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Phoneybologna 3 weeks ago I put a bracket in front of my 8 year old son and had him pick who would win the games. So far he has smoked you in wins vs losses. You sir are not a Vegas handicapper and really don,t know much about baseball. You gained minor relevance because you posted controversial losses about teams you have zero knowledge of on an under discussed topic. Go back to your World of Warcraft game and forget about baseball. The tournament is about arms and some are out of them and some have plenty to burn. 

How flippin old are you? Your son is more mature than you are. :o What picks have you made or posted? My % is now in the mid 70% range so you want to call that bad? I used to coach high school baseball for 11 years as an assistant coach. What level have you coached? T-Ball league? LOL! These picks don't necessarily come down to knowledge either.

This tournament was 8 teams from each classification that had a legitimate chance to win. Sure there were some favorites but anybody can be beat. I already said the state tournament was about pitching depth so you took that one from me so don't take credit for that comment. To be honest, your comments/posts are immature & not worth my time so don't expect to see me make another post directed towards you. Geez! :roll:

Here are my picks for the State Championship Games:

Class A

Trinity Christian over Greenback

Class AA

Covington over Forrest

Class AAA

Farragut over Bradley Central

Bradley Central from Class AAA won their semifinal game vs Riverdale with only 1 hit. Riverdale made 4 errors. Not a single one of the 4 runs scored by BC were earned runs. WOW! Farragut's bats were finally on fire in their AAA semifinal game vs Bartlett scoring 17 runs. I think they easily win the AAA Championship over Bradley Central. The other 2 games from Class A & AA should be better or closer games. 

Edited by tonybologna

2 hours ago, tonybologna said:

How flippin old are you? Your son is more mature than you are. :o What picks have you made or posted? My % is now in the mid 70% range so you want to call that bad? I used to coach high school baseball for 11 years as an assistant coach. What level have you coached? T-Ball league? LOL! These picks don't necessarily come down to knowledge either.

This tournament was 8 teams from each classification that had a legitimate chance to win. Sure there were some favorites but anybody can be beat. I already said the state tournament was about pitching depth so you took that one from me so don't stake credit for that comment. To be honest, your comments/posts are immature & not worth my time so don't expect to see me make another post directed towards you. Geez! :roll:

Class A

Class AA

Covington over Forrest

Class AAA

Bradley Central from Class AAA won their semifinal game vs Riverdale with only 1 hit. Riverdale made 4 errors. Not a single one of the 4 runs scored by BC were earned runs. WOW! Farragut's bats were finally on fire in their AAA semifinal game vs Bartlett scoring 17 runs. I think they easily win the AAA Championship over Bradley Central. The other 2 games from Class A & AA should be better or closer games. 

Tony this is what i was trying to explain a few weeks back when you said we were to inconsistent to make it to the finals.Then we beat the 2A private state champ,PForge and Loudon twice.We not bad!LOL!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Tony this is what i was trying to explain a few weeks back when you said we were to inconsistent to make it to the finals.Then we beat the 2A private state champ,PForge and Loudon twice.We not bad!LOL!!

At the time of my post about Greenback being inconsistent they were playing that way. Then again, they had a top 5 toughest schedule in Class A so that could explain things too. One things for sure about Greenback this team can NEVER be counted out of a game regardless of the score. Summertown was rolling right along in the latter game today with a 4-0 lead & Greenback only had 2 hits of Summertown's SP.

Greenback erupted with 4 runs in the 5th inning. They got the game winning run on a walk-off HR in the 7th. Their state experienced team plus talent is now paying off. I'm still picking TCA in the Championship Game but Greenback can most certainly beat them. I just don't see this game being more than a 1-2 run game either way.

Now since I said that watch one of them blow the other away. LOL! The only chance of a blowout in all 3 Championship Games is Farragut vs Bradley Central in my opinion. I'm still in amazement that Bradley Central won their game today 4-3 with only 1 hit. I think Riverdale only had 5 hits but poor Riverdale defense cost them a chance at playing for the title in Class AAA.

19 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

At the time of my post about Greenback being inconsistent they were playing that way. Then again, they had a top 5 toughest schedule in Class A so that could explain things too. One things for sure about Greenback this team can NEVER be counted out of a game regardless of the score. Summertown was rolling right along in the latter game today with a 4-0 lead & Greenback only had 2 hits of Summertown's SP.

Greenback erupted with 4 runs in the 5th inning. They got the game winning run on a walk-off HR in the 7th. Their state experienced team plus talent is now paying off. I'm still picking TCA in the Championship Game but Greenback can most certainly beat them. I just don't see this game being more than a 1-2 run game either way.

Now since I said that watch one of them blow the other away. LOL! The only chance of a blowout in all 3 Championship Games is Farragut vs Bradley Central in my opinion. I'm still in amazement that Bradley Central won their game today 4-3 with only 1 hit. I think Riverdale only had 5 hits but poor Riverdale defense cost them a chance at playing for the title in Class AAA.

Good post Tony,lot of composure on this team!

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:40 AM, tonybologna said:

Stop the name calling bud. Was that line drive to the shortstop not called a 2-R error? It was & should have been too. No, I wasn't at the game but watched it online. That 2-R error put Greenback up by 2 when it was a tie game. I said myself that that 2-R error still might not have lost the game for Lake County but that didn't make Greenback earn it either. I expect for you to take up for your team though.

I have no horse in the race in this game at all. Could care less who won. My teams were University High- Class A, Elizabethton- Class AA, & Science Hill- Class AAA. So, I have no reason to make false/fake claims or comments. All of my teams are now out of the state tournament & I am not rooting for any particular school. Greenback just barely got by playing Lake County again later in the day with a late rally by the Falcons. I have NOTHING against Greenback.

Nothing at all. Just telling & also stating the facts. Lake County could very well have won that 1st meeting with Greenback if not for 3 errors that cost them 3 unearned runs. I was one that even said Lake County was a team that I didn't see how in the world they made it to the state. It was because of their strength of schedule & pitching though looking back on it. Greenback is the better team but not by much. That's for sure!

I went 13-3 with my picks from today. I actually made a mistake picking Goodpasture over CAK. I thought I had picked this game the other way around. I meant to anyhow but I have to take it as a missed pick because that's what it says. LOL! Here are my picks for the games on Thursday:

Class A Semifinals:

Summertown over Greenback
TCA over Grace- Franklin

Class AA Semifinals:

Forrest over Sequatchie County
Covington over Nolensville

Class AAA Semifinals:

Farragut over Bartlett
Bradley Central over Riverdale

DII-A Final:

CAK over CPA

D11-AA Final:

Baylor over Christian Brothers

Hopefully it helps Lake Co by at least making it there.I think Lake Co or at least the best players are juniors.Snyder,Puckett ,Wilson twins etc.

Edited by mrbigster
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tonybologna said:

This tournament was 8 teams from each classification that had a legitimate chance to win. Sure there were some favorites but anybody can be beat. I already said the state tournament was about pitching depth so you took that one from me so don't take credit for that comment. To be honest, your comments/posts are immature & not worth my time so don't expect to see me make another post directed towards you. Geez! :roll:

Class A

Class AA

Covington over Forrest

Class AAA

Phoney I am actually only 17 and have zero children. I hope that you have not reproduced and will not. I would hate to think, that there are more people out there that take what some stranger, that posts on a high school sports message board so serious. With all that being said I appreciate all of your insight and input on the sport of high school baseball.  Good day sir