2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

tonybologna

34 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am not butt hurt. Just stating the facts. Your team played well but Santa Clause came early this year. It was a gift from TCA. You ought to thank the TCA faithful for the gift. I am from Gibson County. 

Greenback is not my team so let's say I am neutral. Yes.......you are butt hurt....very butt hurt. It will get better with time.

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You made fewer mistakes than TCA obviously. TCA had five errors to 1 right? And a mental mistake on the run scored in the 9h. Mike Keith said on broadcast that both runs were unearned.

TCA made 5 errors to one for GB. Appears to me that the GB is a much better defensive team than TCA. Bottom line......GB was the better team! Better prepared, wiser in the rules of baseball, better defensive, and much better coached. The final score tells you all you need to know. 

3 hours ago, MLREB said:

Greenback is not my team so let's say I am neutral. Yes.......you are butt hurt....very butt hurt. It will get better with time.

3 hours ago, MLREB said:

TCA made 5 errors to one for GB. Appears to me that the GB is a much better defensive team than TCA. Bottom line......GB was the better team! Better prepared, wiser in the rules of baseball, better defensive, and much better coached. The final score tells you all you need to know. 

I am not butt hurt. We got us a gold ball 2 months ago in basketball. Just stating my opinion and it is you got a lucky of a break as winning a 1 in a 100.000.000, lottery ticket.  I am a nuetral party as well. Congrats on your win. Obviously Greenback is a good team because they came out of the losers bracket. Just saying you got a big break.

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Tony Bologna,  are you related to TheAmbassador by any chance?  Conjoined twins maybe?  :-)

LOL! Nope not related at all. I don't have a twin but if you see anything looking like a clown then it could be an unknown twin of mine! LOL! :lol:

Here's a link to the Covington player that made SportsCenter: https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=607938

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Baseball/2019/05/26/TSSAA

Alot of talk about Greenback!Gee whiz.

it should have read Greenback went into the state tournament with a great game plan and it worked out for them!

And Greenbacks coach made a heads-up coaching decision to get the ball back to first base because TC forgot to touch the bag and turned the game around at that point.Great coaching by the Greenback staff!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

it should have read Greenback went into the state tournament with a great game plan and it worked out for them!

And Greenbacks coach made a heads-up coaching decision to get the ball back to first base because TC forgot to touch the bag and turned the game around at that point.Great coaching by the Greenback staff!

That's why I hate the "news". Feel good stories sell to the few people interested, controversy and unrest sells to most everyone. All TSSAA's rules were apparently followed to the letter of the law, yet your coach gets painted as if he's running a sweat shop with child labor in a foreign country. I agree that kid's arms need to be protected, but I also believe that the best available team needs to be on the field in the championship game... according to TSSAA, your coach was able to do that (even from the losers bracket) while staying within their guidelines.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

That's why I hate the "news". Feel good stories sell to the few people interested, controversy and unrest sells to most everyone. All TSSAA's rules were apparently followed to the letter of the law, yet your coach gets painted as if he's running a sweat shop with child labor in a foreign country. I agree that kid's arms need to be protected, but I also believe that the best available team needs to be on the field in the championship game... according to TSSAA, your coach was able to do that (even from the losers bracket) while staying within their guidelines.

Exactly my thoughts!Good post!!

On 5/25/2019 at 3:25 PM, tonybologna said:

LOL! Nope not related at all. I don't have a twin but if you see anything looking like a clown then it could be an unknown twin of mine! LOL! :lol:

Here's a link to the Covington player that made SportsCenter: https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=607938

Yes,  I've read the article.  But since the Michael Sam draft day kiss along with Caitlin Jenner winning the Arthur Ashe courage awards,  my Sports Center watching days have ended.  (not that there's anything wrong with that.) - Seinfeld.

Good article by the way.  I've seen video footage as well.

Edited by Southtowner

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I thought the article was well written.  And made valid points.