Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

tonybologna

2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Bc he’s never heard of CAK, Alcoa, Loudon, William Blount, Heritage, Pigeon Forge, and Grace 

Alcoa beats us on a last min grand slam,GCA wins..well we all know how they beat us.We take both from Loudon beat CAK and PForge along with WB.Pretty good resume!Still its the state tourn and anything can happen and most likely will!LOL.Lets try and win this one and advance.Then we can analyze it.:rolleyes:

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 3:55 PM, cherokee23 said:

What’s your reasoning behind Lake County beating Greenback? Strength of schedule? Pitching? 

You hit the nail on the head with strength of schedule. I would included pitching a little as well but not nearly as much of a factor. 

On 5/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Bc he’s never heard of CAK, Alcoa, Loudon, William Blount, Heritage, Pigeon Forge, and Grace 

LOL! I've heard of & watched them all either live or on demand. :wink: All of these teams are solid ballclubs. Grace- Franklin's record makes them look like a team that shouldn't even made it to the Regionals but boy their schedule plus some early season injuries were the culprits for their record. I still say they are the most surprising team from Class A to make the state tourney.

By the way, it response to you asking me about the toughest Class A baseball schedules. I listed the Top 10 in a prior post & now I have them in what I think is the order I would place them in. Here they are:

1. Grace Christian- Franklin
2. Lake County
3. Eagleville
4. TCA
5. Greenback
6. Summertown
7. Loretto
8. East Robertson
9. Gordonsville
10. Columbia Academy

I based my order on strength of schedule of course. The Top 3 teams listed above played between 6-12 teams ranked in the Top 20 whether in state teams or out of state teams in tournaments. The other 7 teams played teams that were ranked Top 20 5 times or less. That's where I get the order. Of course, some of the teams above played ranked teams more than once when it was teams from their conference.

The bottom 5 really could be swapped around in any order from #6-#10. Columbia Academy played the least amount of Top 20 teams but they did play a couple of tough teams. Also keep in mind my ordered list here ONLY includes the regular season & not any postseason games. 

Looking forward to the start of the state tournament tomorrow guys. Glad it's double elimination & if double elimination was the case in either the Regionals or Sectionals I strongly feel like there would be a few different teams that would have made it. It is what it is though. Maybe the TSSAA will implement or at least consider rule changes in the future. Then again mabye not either with this bunch. LOL!

 

 

Edited by tonybologna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing guys. I have looked at each quarterfinal matchup closely from Class A-AAA. There really are no what you would call clear cut favorites in any of the 24 opening round games. I mean the matchups are all solid. 2-3 weeks ago I would have thought Farragut playing Bartlett would have been a clear victory for Farragut. Can't say that now because Farragut has lost a couple of games in which I didn't see coming. This is the time of the postseason where Starting Pitching depth matters the most.

Farragut in Class AAA clearly has the best SP depth of any team in Class AAA & probably of all 3 DI classifications. I would place Summit as having the 2nd best pitching depth from Class AAA in the state. Class A's pitching depth is pretty even but TCA, Greenback, Lake County, & Summertown are all pretty close. University High has 2 excellent SP's but after that it's a dramatic drop off. In Class AA I see Forrest, Loudon, & Elizabethton having the best pitching depth with Pigeon Forge not too far behind.   

Edited by tonybologna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenback did beat Lake County 6-2 BUT this game was pretty much given to them with Lake County committing 3 errors including a 2-R error by their shortstop on a soft line drive that went off his glove in the top of the 7th with the score tied @ 2-2. That made the score 4-2 & the 6th run by Greenback also came on an error by Lake County as well. Now, this doesn't mean Lake County deserved to win but the errors by Lake County didn't make Greenback earn the victory in this game. It was nip & tuck all the way until that top of the 7th inning with the 2-R error.

I went 12-4 with my state Quarterfinal picks including the DII picks. One thing I've learned for sure now is that GCA- Franklin is legit & deserve to be where they are at. I knew they had a very tough schedule but I still didn't think with that record they would not only be here but look as good as they did against Loretto. They are for real & certainly a serious threat for the Class A title. They take on TCA tomorrow in the winner's bracket & this game will show how serious or good of a team that they really are. They beat TCA & I think they just might go on to take the Championship. It will be a tall & tough task though to beat TCA. I'm picking TCA in a 1-2 run game though. 

Greenback & Summertown should also be a solid matchup in the other winner's bracket game in Class A. I'm going with Summertown in a close game. 

Here are my picks for Wednesday's games:

Class A

Winner's Bracket:

TCA over GCA- Franklin (close game, 1-2 runs)
Summertown over Greenback (close game, 3 runs or less)

Loser's Bracket:

Loretto over University High (Loretto by 3-6 runs)
Eagleville over Lake County (Eagles by 3-4 runs)

Class AA

Winner's Bracket:

Forrest over Loudon (close one, Rockets by 1-3 runs)
Covington over Nolensville (Chargers by 3-5 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Sequatchie County over Haywood (SQ by 4-5 runs)
Elizabethton over Pigeon Forge (another close game, Cyclones by 1-3 runs)

Class AAA

Winner's Bracket:

Farragut over Summit (Admirals by 3-5 runs)
Bradley Central over Independence (Bears by 4-6 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Bartlett over Science Hill (Bartlett by 3+ runs)
Riverdale over Arlington (Warriors by 4-5 runs)

DII-A

Winner's Bracket:

Goodpasture over CAK (Goodpasture by 1-3 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

CPA over Clarksville Academy (Lions by 5+ runs)

DII-AA

Winner's Bracket:

Baylor over Christian Brothers (Baylor by 5-8 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Father Ryan over Ensworth (FR by 1-3 runs)

Edited by tonybologna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Greenback did beat Lake County 6-2 BUT this game was pretty much given to them with Lake County committing 3 errors including a 2-R error by their shortstop on a soft line drive that went off his glove in the top of the 7th with the score tied @ 2-2. That made the score 4-2 & the 6th run by Greenback also came on an error by Lake County as well. Now, this doesn't mean Lake County deserved to win but the errors by Lake County didn't make Greenback earn the victory in this game. It was nip & tuck all the way until that top of the 7th inning with the 2-R error.

I went 12-4 with my state Quarterfinal picks including the DII picks. One thing I've learned for sure now is that GCA- Franklin is legit & deserve to be where they are at. I knew they had a very tough schedule but I still didn't think with that record they would not only be here but look as good as they did against Loretto. They are for real & certainly a serious threat for the Class A title. They take on TCA tomorrow in the winner's bracket & this game will show how serious or good of a team that they really are. They beat TCA & I think they just might go on to take the Championship. It will be a tall & tough task though to beat TCA. I'm picking TCA in a 1-2 run game though. 

Greenback & Summertown should also be a solid matchup in the other winner's bracket game in Class A. I'm going with Summertown in a close game. 

Here are my picks for Wednesday's games:

Class A

Winner's Bracket:

TCA over GCA- Franklin (close game, 1-2 runs)
Summertown over Greenback (close game, 3 runs or less)

Loser's Bracket:

Loretto over University High (Loretto by 3-6 runs)
Eagleville over Lake County (Eagles by 3-4 runs)

Class AA

Winner's Bracket:

Forrest over Loudon (close one, Rockets by 1-3 runs)
Covington over Nolensville (Chargers by 3-5 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Sequatchie County over Haywood (SQ by 4-5 runs)
Elizabethton over Pigeon Forge (another close game, Cyclones by 1-3 runs)

Class AAA

Winner's Bracket:

Farragut over Summit (Admirals by 3-5 runs)
Bradley Central over Independence (Bears by 4-6 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Bartlett over Science Hill (Bartlett by 3+ runs)
Riverdale over Arlington (Warriors by 4-5 runs)

DII-A

Winner's Bracket:

Goodpasture over CAK (Goodpasture by 1-3 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

CPA over Clarksville Academy (Lions by 5+ runs)

DII-AA

Winner's Bracket:

Baylor over Christian Brothers (Baylor by 5-8 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Father Ryan over Ensworth (FR by 1-3 runs)

Btw it didn’t go off the kids glove it went thru his glove. The ball was a rocket. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Greenback did beat Lake County 6-2 BUT this game was pretty much given to them with Lake County committing 3 errors including a 2-R error by their shortstop on a soft line drive that went off his glove in the top of the 7th with the score tied @ 2-2. That made the score 4-2 & the 6th run by Greenback also came on an error by Lake County as well. Now, this doesn't mean Lake County deserved to win but the errors by Lake County didn't make Greenback earn the victory in this game. It was nip & tuck all the way until that top of the 7th inning with the 2-R error.

I went 12-4 with my state Quarterfinal picks including the DII picks. One thing I've learned for sure now is that GCA- Franklin is legit & deserve to be where they are at. I knew they had a very tough schedule but I still didn't think with that record they would not only be here but look as good as they did against Loretto. They are for real & certainly a serious threat for the Class A title. They take on TCA tomorrow in the winner's bracket & this game will show how serious or good of a team that they really are. They beat TCA & I think they just might go on to take the Championship. It will be a tall & tough task though to beat TCA. I'm picking TCA in a 1-2 run game though. 

Greenback & Summertown should also be a solid matchup in the other winner's bracket game in Class A. I'm going with Summertown in a close game. 

Here are my picks for Wednesday's games:

Class A

Winner's Bracket:

TCA over GCA- Franklin (close game, 1-2 runs)
Summertown over Greenback (close game, 3 runs or less)

Loser's Bracket:

Loretto over University High (Loretto by 3-6 runs)
Eagleville over Lake County (Eagles by 3-4 runs)

Class AA

Winner's Bracket:

Forrest over Loudon (close one, Rockets by 1-3 runs)
Covington over Nolensville (Chargers by 3-5 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Sequatchie County over Haywood (SQ by 4-5 runs)
Elizabethton over Pigeon Forge (another close game, Cyclones by 1-3 runs)

Class AAA

Winner's Bracket:

Farragut over Summit (Admirals by 3-5 runs)
Bradley Central over Independence (Bears by 4-6 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Bartlett over Science Hill (Bartlett by 3+ runs)
Riverdale over Arlington (Warriors by 4-5 runs)

DII-A

Winner's Bracket:

Goodpasture over CAK (Goodpasture by 1-3 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

CPA over Clarksville Academy (Lions by 5+ runs)

DII-AA

Winner's Bracket:

Baylor over Christian Brothers (Baylor by 5-8 runs)

Loser's Bracket:

Father Ryan over Ensworth (FR by 1-3 runs)

You sir are a clown show. Lake Co. did not give Greenback the game. If we did not pull the starter in the 6th at 74 pitches with full count, 2 outs, and no one on they might not have had the 2 run rally in the 6th. Obviously you were not at the game the ball that blew out the short stops glove was the hardest hit ball of the tournament so far. It went through the  glove and rolled so far to the outfield that 2 runs scored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

You sir are a clown show. Lake Co. did not give Greenback the game. If we did not pull the starter in the 6th at 74 pitches with full count, 2 outs, and no one on they might not have had the 2 run rally in the 6th. Obviously you were not at the game the ball that blew out the short stops glove was the hardest hit ball of the tournament so far. It went through the  glove and rolled so far to the outfield that 2 runs scored. 

Thats it we suck!:shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

TSSAA page has University beating Loretto 6-1 is this true?

No.

Loretto up 6-1. 

Edit: 7-1 now.  Loretto batting top of 4.

Edited by Southtowner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

You sir are a clown show. Lake Co. did not give Greenback the game. If we did not pull the starter in the 6th at 74 pitches with full count, 2 outs, and no one on they might not have had the 2 run rally in the 6th. Obviously you were not at the game the ball that blew out the short stops glove was the hardest hit ball of the tournament so far. It went through the  glove and rolled so far to the outfield that 2 runs scored. 

Stop the name calling bud. Was that line drive to the shortstop not called a 2-R error? It was & should have been too. No, I wasn't at the game but watched it online. That 2-R error put Greenback up by 2 when it was a tie game. I said myself that that 2-R error still might not have lost the game for Lake County but that didn't make Greenback earn it either. I expect for you to take up for your team though.

I have no horse in the race in this game at all. Could care less who won. My teams were University High- Class A, Elizabethton- Class AA, & Science Hill- Class AAA. So, I have no reason to make false/fake claims or comments. All of my teams are now out of the state tournament & I am not rooting for any particular school. Greenback just barely got by playing Lake County again later in the day with a late rally by the Falcons. I have NOTHING against Greenback.

Nothing at all. Just telling & also stating the facts. Lake County could very well have won that 1st meeting with Greenback if not for 3 errors that cost them 3 unearned runs. I was one that even said Lake County was a team that I didn't see how in the world they made it to the state. It was because of their strength of schedule & pitching though looking back on it. Greenback is the better team but not by much. That's for sure!

I went 13-3 with my picks from today. I actually made a mistake picking Goodpasture over CAK. I thought I had picked this game the other way around. I meant to anyhow but I have to take it as a missed pick because that's what it says. LOL! Here are my picks for the games on Thursday:

Class A Semifinals:

Summertown over Greenback
TCA over Grace- Franklin

Class AA Semifinals:

Forrest over Sequatchie County
Covington over Nolensville

Class AAA Semifinals:

Farragut over Bartlett
Bradley Central over Riverdale

DII-A Final:

CAK over CPA

D11-AA Final:

Baylor over Christian Brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Stop the name calling bud. Was that line drive to the shortstop not called a 2-R error? It was & should have been too. No, I wasn't at the game but watched it online. That 2-R error put Greenback up by 2 when it was a tie game. I said myself that that 2-R error still might not have lost the game for Lake County but that didn't make Greenback earn it either. I expect for you to take up for your team though.

I have no horse in the race in this game at all. Could care less who won. My teams were University High- Class A, Elizabethton- Class AA, & Science Hill- Class AAA. So, I have no reason to make false/fake claims or comments. All of my teams are now out of the state tournament & I am not rooting for any particular school. Greenback just barely got by playing Lake County again later in the day with a late rally by the Falcons. I have NOTHING against Greenback.

Nothing at all. Just telling & also stating the facts. Lake County could very well have won that 1st meeting with Greenback if not for 3 errors that cost them 3 unearned runs. I was one that even said Lake County was a team that I didn't see how in the world they made it to the state. It was because of their strength of schedule & pitching though looking back on it. Greenback is the better team but not by much. That's for sure!

I went 13-3 with my picks from today. I actually made a mistake picking Goodpasture over CAK. I thought I had picked this game the other way around. I meant to anyhow but I have to take it as a missed pick because that's what it says. LOL! Here are my picks for the games on Thursday:

Class A Semifinals:

Summertown over Greenback
TCA over Grace- Franklin

Class AA Semifinals:

Forrest over Sequatchie County
Covington over Nolensville

Class AAA Semifinals:

Farragut over Bartlett
Bradley Central over Riverdale

DII-A Final:

CAK over CPA

D11-AA Final:

Baylor over Christian Brothers

Phoneybologna 3 weeks ago I put a bracket in front of my 8 year old son and had him pick who would win the games. So far he has smoked you in wins vs losses. You sir are not a Vegas handicapper and really don,t know much about baseball. You gained minor relevance because you posted controversial losses about teams you have zero knowledge of on an under discussed topic. Go back to your World of Warcraft game and forget about baseball. The tournament is about arms and some are out of them and some have plenty to burn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...